The Hobbit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I never knew they changed it from white dwarf magazine...how long ago was that then?

I got into GW when the first edition 40K was out and stayed with it until just after third edition 40K
I was never a gamer. Just an avid reader and for a time, model painter....I still read the novels and 40K is by far my favorite sci-fi universe

To rubbish tolkiens writing is just wrong in my mind though and Nothing is created in a vacuum.
Maybe I'm just weird but I enjoyed the LOTR films for what they were, and I like beowulf at the same time....as for the tau, hate?, that's an awfully strong word for an imaginary race of boring little blue fellas. I think the necrons are a pretty lazy and dull race but I don't think I could work up any actual HATE towards them

Lupis

Forager
Dec 12, 2009
Scotland
I never knew they changed it from white dwarf magazine...how long ago was that then?

I got into GW when the first edition 40K was out and stayed with it until just after third edition 40K
I was never a gamer. Just an avid reader and for a time, model painter....I still read the novels and 40K is by far my favorite sci-fi universe

To rubbish tolkiens writing is just wrong in my mind though and Nothing is created in a vacuum.
Maybe I'm just weird but I enjoyed the LOTR films for what they were, and I like beowulf at the same time....as for the tau, hate?, that's an awfully strong word for an imaginary race of boring little blue fellas. I think the necrons are a pretty lazy and dull race but I don't think I could work up any actual HATE towards them

They didn't actually change the name, it's just the entire magazine became aimed at WH40k where it had been a fair mix of other games before.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE