The great Star Wars conundrum - what to do?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What order should a Star Wars Newbie watch the films

• In Episode order (I - VI)

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Start with original films (Episode IV - VI then prequels)

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Watch only the original 3 films and pretend episodes I - III never existed as they are poo

Votes: 23 34.3%

• Total voters

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I watched them in order and i did not go insane as predicted by Mr Lucas...

But then my grip on sanity is not that sure to begin with.

It doesnt matter which order you view them in, the important thing to remember it to approach each with a different mindset.

No 1, a kids show
No 2 a pollitical thriller
No 3 a medieval moraility play
No 4 a heros quest.
No 5 adventure and gangsters
No 6 a rundown of the above

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
For somebody the first time, definitely watch them out of order. Nobody would have guessed Vader was Lukes' father but if you watch the prequels first then you'll know and it won't be such a surprise. Also, the mystery of the Clone Wars mentioned by Obi Wan will become apparent when you watch he prequels, but a bit of mystery is good. Watching them in order would spoil a lot of the mystery. Once you've seen them, then watch them in order in future, but for the first time you have to watch 4, 5 and 6 then go for 1, 2 and 3.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
For somebody the first time, definitely watch them out of order. Nobody would have guessed Vader was Lukes' father but if you watch the prequels first then you'll know and it won't be such a surprise. Also, the mystery of the Clone Wars mentioned by Obi Wan will become apparent when you watch he prequels, but a bit of mystery is good. Watching them in order would spoil a lot of the mystery. Once you've seen them, then watch them in order in future, but for the first time you have to watch 4, 5 and 6 then go for 1, 2 and 3.

Having thought onit I have to agree and change my first choice,

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I’m the only one here who thinks that the original are not where near as exciting, as the new ones. All three of the new ones were better acted and had better plots, even taking in to account Jar Jar Binks
Watch the new ones but read the books for the old ones.
Harrison ford as Hans Solo!!! Good heavens, could he add any more Ham to his acting?

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Star Wars, Empire, Jedi.

Don't need to watch anything else as the "new 3" are just rubbish.
I remember the rush of waiting in the queue at Uxbridge odeon in '77 and seeing the star destroyer chase the colonial cruiser. That rush never happened in the new 3, not even Liam Neeson or Ewan MacGregor could capture the feeling of Han and Chewie and Darth Maul, as much as i respect Ray Parks, just didn't have the same Umph as Vader.

Guess it's an age thing.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I’m the only one here who thinks that the original are not where near as exciting, as the new ones. All three of the new ones were better acted and had better plots, even taking in to account Jar Jar Binks
Harrison ford as Hans Solo!!! Good heavens, could he add any more Ham to his acting?

The folly of youth :lmao:

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens

:eek:Wow, now there is a minority report if I ever saw one. I think the answer to your question is yes but it possibly extends to the whole planet rather than just this forum:)

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
With my 7 year old we watched the original trilogy then the new stuff.
he's happy to watch either but he knows what daddy's fave is and still likes them all, although i think he may prefer ROTJ, i'm Empire all the way.

however if he does like the new ones i can highly recommend the clone wars animated series' they're very good and in fact better then the films!
pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE