*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
If I recall correctly, someone (Biker?) stated we should show our received GIO-goodies being used.
I can not find that thread, however. Anyone know where it is??

Not me Ron, and if I recall correctly it was just suggested but never followed up, so why not start a thread yourself? I'm far too shy to do it. :theyareon

Currently on offer from Tengu a drainer full of bits. Presumably a stainless steel cutlery drainer that can be converted into a hobostove. The full of bits could be a pot luck of stuff... call it a surprise. :rolleyes:

Mar 1, 2011
Fife, Scotland
up next are a few bits and bobs, first; small wet stone 2" long and about 10mm thick, second; cyote lanyard off the net (not made by me so you dont have to worrie ;) ), third; faders carrabina and fourth; soft thermal hat

Lets see how long it takes then fellas, whos going to be the lucky one? :)

Thanks cowboy it arrived today and it's great especially the whetstone i'm loving it, if thats what 2 inches are i'm feeling woefully inadequate right now lol.

Biker

Great minds Cowboy... almost a double posting there.

Hey Tengu I'll take that sink drainer off your hands that's also full of bits please. Need my UK address?

On offer from me (oh the pressure's already mounting and I haven't even pressed post quick reply)

A custom drawing from me. You choose the subject, though I would prefer doing something pin-uppy if possible, but no pressure.

That's my offer. You get sent a scan of the drawing once it's done via email and the orginal soon after via snail mail.

Want to see examples of my artwork? Click on my signature below.

Biker

I'll take the drawing please

Sure thing Globetrotter. Have a good thunk and send me the details, photos accepted too via a PM at your convenience.

Hey Decorum, maybe next time mate. Now that I've tested the water I know exactly what to offer for the next time. Phew 2 mins till it got snapped up. Must be a record for me.

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
Sure thing Globetrotter. Have a good thunk and send me the details, photos accepted too via a PM at your convenience.

Hey Decorum, maybe next time mate. Now that I've tested the water I know exactly what to offer for the next time. Phew 2 mins till it got snapped up. Must be a record for me.
Bugger bugger bugger go away for day and lok what happens

:rolleyes:

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
I could do with some paracord Globetrotter, im running drasticly low!!! :D

On offer from me is a staianles steel swish army looking knife, never used!

Ill try and find a piccy on the net, so you no what your getting! :)

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I could do with some paracord Globetrotter, im running drasticly low!!! :D

On offer from me is a staianles steel swish army looking knife, never used!

Ill try and find a piccy on the net, so you no what your getting! :)

send me your addy and if you want green or tan

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
Told you that striker would be special. :lmao::lmao:

I've tried a different way of quenching and tempering.:thinkerg:
Blade is sequential tempered in oil so stays hard but not brittle:rolleyes:
Handle is hardened really fast in water so it chucks sparks like a demon:red: Have fun ;)

ForgeKnife27-08-11.jpg

9" long with a 5" blade :)

OOPS.. forgot to say the towel arrived today Patrickpebbles ;)

Its arrived and if I use that as Flint and steel I'll end up chopping my head off. I'd hate to think what Scouts would do with it.

I love it but but what to use it for?

Many mnay thnaks Kev.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE