*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
OK from #1 heres the rules:

Gift-it-on

Time for a little more good will!:)

What I propose is another little 'gift-it-on' (made the name up myself!:eek:) which works a little like this..............

I will send this little gift (a mini stainless Trowel with pouch) to the first person who posts they would like it!

............. and the catch!? ;).............................. ............ the recippient then offers something to someone else and so the chain continues:D

We tried this before and it got rather messy so to recap it should go like this.....

• I offer a gift
  • Person 1 posts in the thread that they would like it
  • I mail it to Person 1
  • Person 1 offers a gift
  • Person 2 posts in the thread that they would like it
  • Person 1 mails it to Person 2
  • and so on....

this way you only post for things you want and we don't end up with a 'waiting list'. First person to post they would like it gets it, simples

so watcha think - anyone want to join in?? - there is no restriction to what you want to gift-on and I already have another little something or two in case I want to 'jump back in' ;) - fill yer boots friends!!

Dosen't need anything else.

If you don't like it...start another thread or just go up to thread tools and unsubscribe!!!!!!!!

Now that's off my chest after trying to find the offer in all this other garbage.

WHAT'S ON OFFER?

(That should be what every reply finishes with anyway!)

Last edited:

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Settle down Kiddies 'Daddy's' home!

I started this thread almost 3 years ago and have now lost track of the number of people who have benefited from it. It does every now again stall and people get in a flap but I think we all need to take a step back, a deep breath and look at the bigger picture.

I don't post very much now but try to drop in to the site when I can and always check out the thread and am always surprised it is still going.

The general feeling is that a thread should remain but I really cant see the point in stopping this one and starting another if people are still going to get stressed. Ok perhaps we add some more guidelines ( i don't like the idea of hard rules - its goodwill after all) but lets keep this thread going and change our attitude rather than the thread.

I have personnally not received some gifts but have sent the next one on regardless - heck as someone said IT IS A GIFT!!! - the whole ethos is the giving not the receiving or that is the way I see it. I'm sure I'm not the only one to not receive a gift but to me it doesn't really matter (personally I always honour a promise)

Live often has a nasty habit of getting in the way of enjoyment so lets bear that in mind and try to be more tolerant

I'd hate so see all the good will and kindness this thread has provoked go to waste but if Tony sees fit it is his right to close any thread on the site.

lets get back to life like it was in the good old days and love our neighbours and 'play nice'

Biker

... lets get back to life like it was in the good old days and love our neighbours and 'play nice'

Well said that man. :You_Rock_

I was going to add tuppence worth, but Graham's said it better than I could.

I'd like to see it continue as is and take me chances, I do like that suggestion to have something to hand to offer up straight away rather than say "I'll have a dig for something and post it up later."

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
Plus one for all of the above, I can't get on everyday, but might take something others may not want, it takes as long as it takes, it doesn't need a bump every 10 mins. If the gifter thinks his gift has been on long enough let him decide to change it without pressure,

Mar 14, 2012
uk
that is probably best that people stop taking it all so serious and just if something doesnt work out then just chill out and leave it after all this thread only has #7356 posts because of good will so the best way to do it may be that every one just chills out if this makes sense :confused:
just my 2 pennies worth
Cheers Ed

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
On offer from Samon.....
Right a choice of..

1: an old English pewter pint mug, nice and heavy with no dents! needs a wipe down but otherwise ready for a session of mead :D

2: SAS desert survival book in good conditon + a roll of steel wire for your pack/trapping kit - infact this stuff comes in handy so often it's not worth going out without some!

3: some earings from H&M, I had plans to womble the pretty bits from them but I've done plenty of that lately so these can go with either of the above two as a extra present! and any CO2 capsules I can find, I think I have 3-5.

DSCF4183_zpsb073a394.jpg

DSCF4178_zps8e5e3e35.jpg

DSCF4180_zps181bc775.jpg

4: a brand new unopened pack of RWS Superdome pellets in .177, new these are £7-8!

I will also throw in some 12gr CO2 capsules, I think I have about 3-5 laying around somehwere. They will be an extra gift with the earings

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I'd like to add, the pellt tin in the picture background are not the one I will be gifting, that tin is empty and was full of crap pellets! lol

rws super domes are high quality all round pellets and one of my favourites :) (just don't have any .177 guns anymore!)

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
I'll take the cup if that's ok sal...............you don't need to post it please keep it till the next meet if that's ok. I'll offer either an old svea stove (it's like a military trangia but it hasn't got a lid, it wasn't designed to have one) might be of interest to any stove collectors, or a block of olive wood approx 2 inches thick and 7 inches square, good for scales.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
The olive wood sounds good.

I'll have that please and put up another piece of brass.

Approximately A5 in size and 1mm thick. It does have holes in each corner but there's plenty of material for you knife makers to make good use of :)

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
It's yours Mesquite, it was a piece i bought to turn on my lathe but to be honest it's too good for that it's got a nice grain and will make some lovely scales. Pm me your addy and ill get it off on monday.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
There you are, 3 nice gifts with no problems - see what happens when you play nice!!

'Daddy' is proud of you boys and girl ;)

On offer from Mesquite

Approximately A5 in size and 1mm thick. It does have holes in each corner but there's plenty of material for you knife makers to make good use of :)

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
The olive wood sounds good.

My sheet of brass arrived earlier dude, really heavy chunky old piece that will be perfectfor my projects! thanks alot :)

best snatch this next bit up guys, it's a great gift!

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
This is what my freind made me years ago from a bit of brass like on Mesquites offer....
551953_10200287687089271_1902486479_n.jpg

Can't believe no-ones snatched it up yet for a leatherwork insert/ arty or knifey project! I'm leaving it for the moment but the Greater Midlands Ginger Hawk won't hold off for long, despite having just done a swap less than 5 posts ago! Save me from the indiscretion, someone, pleeeaaaase ;)

....another piece of brass.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE