*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Just a thought, instead of people constantly bumping the thread, can't we just have it stickied at the top of whatever forum it's in, that should kill the "bump but i don't want/bump to get it to the top of the forum" culture, granted it won't keep it in the "New Posts" feed on the forum but it stops some of the annoyance with the thread.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Only time I have bumped a thread is when it is about 24 hrs old and only then to keep interest going in the thread. If some people see that as greedy or pushy, well that's your problem. And I have taken stuff I didn't want to keep the thread moving, so the self sanctimonious among you can deal with that how you will. There have been occasions when certain members seem to grab nice shiney stuff quickly and offer dross in return, but I haven't complained. So let's get back on track and in the original spirit of the thread, offer stuff that people might find useful and only take what we can genuinely use, not just what we may want. ....................................................BUMP!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Right... no one seems to be in need of some buttons for their snow smock so I'll offer up the following as an alternative.

It's a piece of brass plate approximately A5 in size, maybe a bit bigger and is about 1mm thick.

It does have fixing holes in each corner but there's plenty of material for you to use.

I'm sure it'll be of use to those knife makers amongst us.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Ok, so I just had a root and found a few bits someone might like :) (some say I was brave.. but the honest ones said I was stupid!) << lol, gift-it-on quote from the ages before time!

Right a choice of..

1: an old English pewter pint mug, nice and heavy with no dents! needs a wipe down but otherwise ready for a session of mead :D

2: SAS desert survival book in good conditon + a roll of steel wire for your pack/trapping kit - infact this stuff comes in handy so often it's not worth going out without some!

3: some earings from H&M, I had plans to womble the pretty bits from them but I've done plenty of that lately so these can go with either of the above two as a extra present! and any CO2 capsules I can find, I think I have 3-5.

DSCF4183_zpsb073a394.jpg

DSCF4178_zps8e5e3e35.jpg

DSCF4180_zps181bc775.jpg

4: a brand new unopened pack of RWS Superdome pellets in .177, new these are £7-8!

If this doesn't satisfy the flock I will dig a little deeper in a day or so.. (god speed!)

cheers for the brass dude!

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Not showing in my tapagab either....no pics or description......lug oyle dressings lmao gior :lmao: I've Cin sum things on offer here , but earings :D

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Bump on offer from Samon
Ok, so I just had a root and found a few bits someone might like :) (some say I was brave.. but the honest ones said I was stupid!) << lol, gift-it-on quote from the ages before time!

Right a choice of..

1: an old English pewter pint mug, nice and heavy with no dents! needs a wipe down but otherwise ready for a session of mead :D

2: SAS desert survival book in good conditon + a roll of steel wire for your pack/trapping kit - infact this stuff comes in handy so often it's not worth going out without some!

3: some earings from H&M, I had plans to womble the pretty bits from them but I've done plenty of that lately so these can go with either of the above two as a extra present!

DSCF4183_zpsb073a394.jpg

DSCF4178_zps8e5e3e35.jpg

DSCF4180_zps181bc775.jpg

If this doesn't satisfy the flock I will dig a little deeper in a day or so.. (god speed!)

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I will also throw in some 12gr CO2 capsules, I think I have about 3-5 laying around somehwere. They will be an extra gift with the earings ;)

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!

Right a choice of..

3: some earings from H&M, I had plans to womble the pretty bits from them but I've done plenty of that lately so these can go with either of the above two as a extra present! and any CO2 capsules I can find, I think I have 3-5.

DSCF4183_zpsb073a394.jpg

DSCF4178_zps8e5e3e35.jpg

DSCF4180_zps181bc775.jpg

4: a brand new unopened pack of RWS Superdome pellets in .177, new these are £7-8!

I will also throw in some 12gr CO2 capsules, I think I have about 3-5 laying around somehwere. They will be an extra gift with the earings ;)

*UPDATED* on offer from me!

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
sorry my fault but pm sent explaining situation SORRY :(
Cheers Ed

Looking like your not tiptop at Gio......like when I had to cover the postage for a couple of rubbish crabs.....I know your a bairn , but come on....why take stuff then put yersen through struggle to offer summat an post it. We know how hard it can be being a youth , but sometimes its better to not get involved in an area that's beyond your means.

Someone has to say it.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Looking like your not tiptop at Gio......like when I had to cover the postage for a couple of rubbish crabs.....I know your a bairn , but come on....why take stuff then put yersen through struggle to offer summat an post it. We know how hard it can be being a youth , but sometimes its better to not get involved in an area that's beyond your means.

Someone has to say it.

Sometimes I guess folks just see something they would like and dont necessarily have something ready to trade. Its not like we all have a box marked "stuff to trade" hanging around. I have been let down somewhat on this thread but have to remember its is a "gift it on" rather than a "trade it on". Sometimes life gets in the way.

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
I'm late sending out my 'gift' for harvestman....life get in the way sometimes. I know i'm only a newbie here, but has the 'Gift it on' thread lost its way a bit? I love the idea of passing things on but i'm not sure its worth the barracking

cheers

Joab

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE