*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Ok, I'm offering a Sea to Summit emergency field repair buckle. A handy bit of kit if you break a buckle and want to repair it without unpicking all the stitching, if you can). I'll also throw in a small mystery gift as well :)

buckle.jpg

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
I can't bear to see a grown man suffer like this and despite saying I wouldn't come here again I find myself looking for an Otterbox, so I'll take this please and in return offer up a used but nicely sharp Mora Eldris in a mustard colour. If needed I'll put up a pic tomorrow.

Thanks Kev, I'll get it off to you.

Reactions: beachlover

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just a bump and to say that whenever I've given a mystery gift the recipient has been very happy with it :)

Ok, I'm offering a Sea to Summit emergency field repair buckle. A handy bit of kit if you break a buckle and want to repair it without unpicking all the stitching, if you can). I'll also throw in a small mystery gift as well :)

buckle.jpg

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
To keep the thread going, and actually because I think I could use that buckle, I'll take that, please.
In return, I'll offer up a lined waxed cotton EDC pouch

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I offer a 'Modern Survival Kit' made by me.

Designed to be carried in your rucksack, leg pocket or laptop bag, this small kit will have all of the things that you would need to keep you going for 24hrs. Its like a kinda 'get you home kit'. Hopefully you'll never need it, but its so compact that you can chuck it in your laptop bag and forget about it, until you need it!

Content are:

A 1.2ltr freezer bag: contents goes inside. Also acts as your water carrier.

6 puritabs: to purify collected water.

Torch: will be AA or AAA, depending which one I put in...

Storm matches: 5 with a striker.

Bic Lighter: more reliable flame source.

Cord: 50ft of 2mm dyneema type cord.

Whistle: for signalling, also has a compass on it for cardinal navigation.

Mylar space blanket: for emergency shelter.

Will upload pictures tonight of kit made up.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
The little knife and BCUK patch were a nice touch but the star of the show was the sewing kit. Top stopper comes out and there are a load of needles inside. Would have been pleased to have got this without the buckle!

Glad you liked it Spandit, as I said it was a fun little project to carve :)

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I offer a 'Modern Survival Kit' made by me.

Designed to be carried in your rucksack, leg pocket or laptop bag, this small kit will have all of the things that you would need to keep you going for 24hrs. Its like a kinda 'get you home kit'. Hopefully you'll never need it, but its so compact that you can chuck it in your laptop bag and forget about it, until you need it!

Content are:

A 1.2ltr freezer bag: contents goes inside. Also acts as your water carrier.

6 puritabs: to purify collected water.

Torch: will be AA or AAA, depending which one I put in...

Storm matches: 5 with a striker.

Bic Lighter: more reliable flame source.

Cord: 50ft of 2mm dyneema type cord.

Whistle: for signalling, also has a compass on it for cardinal navigation.

Mylar space blanket: for emergency shelter.

Will upload pictures tonight of kit made up.

Apologies for the delay! Had to go north of the wall (work emergency). Will be back end of the week!

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Apologies for the delay! Had to go north of the wall (work emergency). Will be back end of the week!

OK, sorry for the delay and now I have to change my original offer, due to lack of available kit. So now I offer this....

A genuine milbank bag. Never used, but some marks on the outside from storage.

73ba176910d49de8ea72503f5db4bffa.jpg

ac09b2cda531a8217ee3dc62936682ad.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE