*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
So on offer from me is a leather tinder pouch containing two pieces of flint , a steel
Striker , char cloth and some additional tinder bundles of birch bark , jute and a small cramp ball .

I can’t post a picture till I get home later on .

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
a0f96d68a80bb368a21f22829e32191b.jpg

ca30c12fe10c085068e2df3e5e3ad8cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I believe we are awaiting an item to be put up by Keith beef. He did mention he'd be away for awhile. The tarp was accepted earlier and madriverrob was just showing it in use :)

I have a kathmandu bivi bag, bought when I was a teenager, has a hole in the bottom but can't bring myself to throw it out. Although I reckon it'll make some nice dry bags...

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
I believe we are awaiting an item to be put up by Keith beef. He did mention he'd be away for awhile.

Yes, I got back from Iceland yesterday afternoon, went out to buy a new washing machine almost straight away, and I was horse riding this morning...

So, with apologies for not being very imaginative, on offer is a N°10 Opinel modified to a bull-nose shape. I did three of these a few years ago, one for each of my two kids and one for their cousin, when the three of them went on a sailing course. In the end, the kids didn't take them and the three have sat in a drawer in the workshop ever since.

opinel-bull-nose.jpg

The last half inch or so, where I made the modification, doesn't have the same surface polish, and you might want to modify the handle to expose the nail nick a bit more.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE