*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
This is what it says at Tesco's

The Energizer Headlight X 6 is great for hands-free activities such as camping and DIY. It has 4 white and 2 red %TYPE%s offering 4 different lighting options. This compact and lightweight headlight torch is weatherproof, and comes with a comfortable fabric strap.
£15.00

Battery Type Required AAA
Brand Energizer
Features of Product Four lighting modes: spot, flood, spot/flood, night vision
Material Plastic
Product Depth 12.1 cm
Product Height 21.6 cm
Product Width 6.5 cm
Spare Bulb No
Torch Type LED
Waterproof No

still on offer
2x mess tins (NOT NON STICK)
Energiser 6 LED head torch (like this: http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-3852.aspx)

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I have the exact same torch, it has four modes main beam wich is brilliant for walking as it throws about 20m of good clean light, then flood which will illuminate about 3m all around you for sitting reading or carving, then main and flood i find this usefull for walking on rough ground where watching your footing, and red light this kind of half way between the flood and spot, ok for walking good for close work and cutting about camp in the dark if feeling conciderate, ive had the same three aaa in mine four the last two years with a good amount of use, very good torch, and you all know how good mess tins are!

on offer
2x mess tins (NOT NON STICK)
Energiser 6 LED head torch (like this: http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-3852.aspx)

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
You've talked ME in to it.
On offer
one of these pot/kettle hangers handmade by me (top pic)

Roundkettlesupportwithtwist.jpg

Squarepothangerwithtwist.jpg

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
And the next offer is.........A TATONKA 500ML STAINLESS STEEL CUP WITH FOLDING HANDLES THAT FITS PERFECTLY ON THE NALGENE 1 LITRE BOTTLE (bottle not included)

I still have to post the mess tins and mora,if the thread stalls it's my fault sorry I'll get them in the post Monday

And the next offer is.........A TATONKA 500ML STAINLESS STEEL CUP WITH FOLDING HANDLES THAT FITS PERFECTLY ON THE NALGENE 1 LITRE BOTTLE (bottle not included)

I still have to post the mess tins and mora,if the thread stalls it's my fault sorry I'll get them in the post Monday

I will take that off your hands.

I will have a dig around in my cupboard and see what I can offer up in return.

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Ooo, me please Kev :)

Just been made, here it is. A bit extra special as I gave it a double twist (one reverse twisted) and coated in vegetable oil

Potholder-shortened2.jpg

I'll post it tomorrow.

I made two, so if anyone fancies the other one for £20 PM me

I made this as well from a 5mm rasp (240mm long & 50mm wide with the blade at 115mm x 20mm at its widest). It's a forge knife with the back of the handle tempered as a flint striker (throws good bright sparks) and the blade tempered to hold an edge but still sharpen. A little harder than a normal knife though

ForgeKnifefromrasp.jpg

ForgeKnifetop2.jpg

(its resting on the feather stick it cut from well seasoned cherry)

I used my Lansky system to sharpen it to 25 degrees. Unfortunately the handles to small for me (70mm internal length) so going to have to sell this too - £25
Both will be on Members Market shortly

On Offer
a knife, fork, spoon, bottle opener type thing made of stainless. (the 2 parts clip together)
A carabiner.
A small bottle of nikwax fabric and leather proof, sponge on waterproofing, recommended for gore tex and event fabrics.

ixion

Mar 15, 2009
West Yorkshire
Can I just say to all involved, this is the most awesome thread I have ever seen!
:You_Rock_ :You_Rock_ :You_Rock_

On Offer
a knife, fork, spoon, bottle opener type thing made of stainless. (the 2 parts clip together)
A carabiner.
A small bottle of nikwax fabric and leather proof, sponge on waterproofing, recommended for gore tex and event fabrics.

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Non stick mess tins and mora posted today,sorry for the delay.And stainless steel tatonka mug posted today.

On Offer
A carabiner.
A small bottle of nikwax fabric and leather proof, sponge on waterproofing, recommended for gore tex and event fabrics

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE