*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
OK then peoples.
Either of the aforementioned items
OR
A slim black leather pouch with press stud fastening.Measures 7" by 2 1/4"
DSCN0118.jpg
or this strange folding knife from India.It's not pretty but it is clever and might make a useful model
if you wanted to try and make one yourself.In brass and steel 5 1/4" oa blade 3" , folded3 3/4"
DSCN0119.jpgDSCN0120.jpg
Or a Fladen cast wallet in can't lose it yellow.Tough nylon wallet with velcro closure contains
10 ziplock bags arranged like book pages.I have one I use for tinder which works very well.
DSCN0121.jpg
I think that is a good selection so I'll leave it at that.
Cheers , Simon.
PS Bare Thrills : Lovely Horn (Buffalo!) Thanks muchly.

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
I think that knife may be illegal (to trade, not to own)? But I'm not enough of an expert to be sure...

Hi Plastic Ninja,

subject to confirmation of mountainm's post i will take the knife please.

I have been able to find a couple of similar ones for sale on uk websites to presume its ok. http://www.bladesandbows.co.uk/paratrooper-knife-silver-finish-3006-p.asp

on offer from me will be a pair of small 10 x 25 binos, a 58 pattern black plastic mug or a vango fold up burner in case - pics to come later today.

Hamster

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Mountie may have a point but as I am neither selling nor trading it I think
it will be ok. This is a gift as per the thread.
The collectors letter opener is yours as a gift mate.
Pm me with your address.
Cheers , Simon

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
It's neither assisted opening nor gravity opening so it's fine to trade and own in the UK.

I'd agree, I had an American military one years and years ago. If you tried to use it in a situation you'd be long gone before you got it open! Two handed opening and cack handed at best. Cool looking pieces though...

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
It's a pantograph knife - not a butterfly knife. But I had heard they were borderline?

Not sure mate, I don't know the laws that well.

It's probably one of those knives that look worse than they are and people assume they're illegal but I can't see why they would be over a fixed blade bowie or bushie as these are a hindrance to use unlike a sheath knife.

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Cheers plastic ninja pm sent.

I did think it was a gravity nice on first look until i remembered an old paratrooper knife i had seen (which im sure was a pnatograph).
Will make a nice display piece though im hoping i can spruce it up for a bit of use too.

Hamster

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Right, pics of the aforementioned items -

1f4a5cf8-cfe2-84cf.jpg

1f4a5cf8-cff3-2df6.jpg

1f4a5cf8-d018-bd70.jpg

Cheers, Hamster

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
"Will make a nice display piece though im hoping i can spruce it up for a bit of use too."
Hamster I'm not sure that there is enough spruce on the planet to make this a user.:deadhorse:
Just keep it for the display I'd say.
Simon

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Sorry for the delay guys and girls. Next on offer is a

Maxpedition Micro Pocket Organizer - the inner liner is frayed slight due to my SAK catching the edge. Still plenty of life in it left. Just dont use it anymore

P1010289.jpg

P1010291.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE