The Elusive Stags Breath!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Well, I'll be abit later than that! I hope the tractor will still be about! Nah, only joking, I can make a couple of trips, first will be my main kit such as sleeping and eating kiit, the second will be odds and sods. I've just made a hanger for my candle lantern to use inside the Hex, just a simple tent peg bent up at one end. The ring end slips onto the central pole and when weight is applied to the end, it kinks onto the pole and self grips. I'm chuffed to bits and can't wait to try it out for real!

thingswelike

Forager
Jun 15, 2007
Peak District
That sounds a bit like my design - I'll show you it tomorrow.
Anyway - sorrry for derailing your stag's breath thread - saw Andy's 'can't wait till friday' post and thought I was in the delamere thread:rolleyes:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
The stags breath is sorted, take it as off topic as you like! I just put the hanger on the pole and hung my candle lantern off of it and it holds perfectly, no shift or anything, so I reckon it should be perfect. Did you make your own as well?

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
this is a bit late, sorry bout that, only just seen the thread, but the mill shop just outside of matlock bath used to sell it. its not cromford mill, but is another of Arkwright's

worth knowing for the future perhaps.

steve

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I was told that christmas is when John Lewis starts to stock it. At 16 quid exactly per bottle, delivered to my door, it's not a bad deal though.

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I will see you there Spam with the money, your a good man for getting it delivered.:You_Rock_

Simon.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Well, I'll be abit later than that! I hope the tractor will still be about! Nah, only joking, I can make a couple of trips, first will be my main kit such as sleeping and eating kiit, the second will be odds and sods. I've just made a hanger for my candle lantern to use inside the Hex, just a simple tent peg bent up at one end. The ring end slips onto the central pole and when weight is applied to the end, it kinks onto the pole and self grips. I'm chuffed to bits and can't wait to try it out for real!

Sort of like those toy woodpeckers attached to a wodden ring on a metal bar you start it nodding and it moves down the pole!

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
like the one Homer Simpson uses to cover for him at work so he can go to the cinema so he can see honk if your horny?.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Sort of like those toy woodpeckers attached to a wodden ring on a metal bar you start it nodding and it moves down the pole!

It actually does that if you put just the peg onto the pole with no weight on the end. It'll stay still until you flick it and then the fun starts!:D

thingswelike

Forager
Jun 15, 2007
Peak District
It took me ages to tweak mine until it gripped without woodpeckering :)
I decided that hanging a lantern from it with children around would be a bit dodgy otherwise. They're great under tension, but knock it from below and my original version just dropped straight to the ground!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE