The Elusive Stags Breath!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Thought this subject deserves a thread of its own!
For those that don't know Stags Breath is a whisky/mead blend liqueur, it was introduced to a few of us by Wayland and its quite nice!!!
There have been a few threads taken off topic about it so I decided to start this one, mainly for Spam and myself.:D
I have just spoken to Meikles(the makers) and I am calling back on Monday morning when the office is open to find a local stockist. The very nice lady on the phone tells me it is available at branches of "The whisky shop" and at branches of John Lewis too, I will get some more info on Monday morning.
So does anybody else have some info about where to find this elusive stags breath?

Wonderful stuff,
I came accross it by accident at the Deer Center just outside Cupar in Fife about 15 years ago not sure if they have a mail order set up but would'nt be suprised. Now i'm in wales though I only tend to see it round xmas time.
Cheers Tim

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Approx 1275 g but I've just filled the bottle with water. Not mega scientific as alchohol has a different SG, but it'll do for the purposes of this discussion!

Interested, by the way!

:D

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Four bottles are £64.34 including postage which works out at £16 (and a penny) per bottle, and would arrive on Thursday. It gets a little cheaper if the buy gets bigger. I don't have the spare cash to run a group buy this time and if delivery is delayed we would be stuffed a little. If someone was to run a group buy I would be up for a bottle, but they run the risk of it arriving after the meet.
If it doesn't happen this time I could probably run it for the meet at middlewood, if we haven't found a local supplier before then.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I could do this. The missus is looking at me real funny like, but I can do it!

Obviously, I'd like to be able to hand the good stuff over to people at Delamere, as I will be coming and I can just bring them up, thus saving the postie knicking them, or worse still, smashing them to bits! So, if you are going to Delamere and want some, put your name down and how many you would want, we can sort pennies out at Delamere. If anybody wants a bottle who isn't attending Delamere, i could post it on but you would have to pay the postage costs on to yourself which would be a bit crap as you will also be paying towards delivery to my house. Up to you though.

We'd better move quick on this, as time is running out!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'll leave this up and buy it Monday, I'll probably get a few bottles for myself aswell, don't want to run out again!

Is Andrew coming to the working weekend? I could do with one of his stainless steel tatonka bottles to store my good stuff in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE