The Dartmoor Jolly Boys Outing....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I have carefully selected the unorthodox camping period (starting on a Sunday ) purposely to catch out mother nature and her weekend weather plans , which as you so rightly pointed out Skate , a river did run through it (and no Meryl Streep, to boot ) So we are looking at a few days of glorious sunshine .

Very much looking forward to this one , after last years sucess.

Don't spose there is any way , you could make it Saturday Al ? I have got the woodland itch , real bad !

A few days , spent in an idyllic location , great company , great food , what could be better ?

Bring it on !!

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Al , the Saturday comment was said rather tongue in cheek, you know me if there is just the faintest whiff of scooting off to the woods , i need no forcing !

Nice that we are geting all of this heavy rain and wind out of the way before our trip the forecast is not bad at all.

OH! Has anyone got a spoon knife they could bring along , for me to have a play with please ?

See you on Sunday.

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Right , been to the quack and got some cream for the itch , it's not working !

Looks like the Welsh contingent have a nice weekend planned aswell , i have googled the site and looks great .

Richie , Steve PM'd me about the 18th and i have replied should be ok, and sounds like a plan , if you buggers want roughing it on Dartmoor for the Saturday night you have got it my friends, only hope i can fit a weeks work in between Thursday 17th and Friday 18th May ! Should be ok , have managed it before .

If it is an issue i always have plan B !

Atb Ivan...

By the way who is that crazy Scot that keeps messaging me , any idea ?

Ps Google Chalk Ford , Keeble Martins Chapel, Huntingdon Cross , by the river as a couple of suggestions .

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Ivan, yet again you more about plans involving me than I do. Crazy Scot has me roped in again by the looks of it.
My dementia is doing just fine (i think) although my nads need a little tlc :rolleyes:

I'll get googling now but this is the Jocks gig, I'm just an unpaid sherpa!

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Ok Guys, i think i have spoke to all of you , and you are clear of meeting time and first camp location , so this is the last chance for any queries etc , hope you all sleep like babies and have a safe journey .

See you all tomorrow, for a few days of what we do best , can't wait.

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Now, you two are talking my language ! please don't forget your high factor sunscreen , look at it out there ! I won't make the mistake of not ordering weather in advance again.

Oh! and don't fill up with too many sweets and rubbish on the journey , because you have garlic,honey,mint and rosemary roasted leg of lamb cooked on hay! with an excellent vegetable accompniment , for dinner this evening .

Lastly make sure you have a wee! Let the journey begin.

Ivan...

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Just strung together the video from the last few days, hope you enjoy it.
[video=youtube;ShDi0EKAIFQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShDi0EKAIFQ[/video]

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Well done Paul , absolutely superb great memories of a fab weekend with great company,food and laughter as usual .

Thanks mate , and thanks to the other two herberts , you know who you are !

Ivan...

Hope it didn't make Talia too jealous...

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
Excellent video and pictures. Great company and the weather behaved most of the time. We ate like lords and laughed our heads off. Thanks to Dave 53 for the loan of the hat, will be buying one soon. Thanks to Paul for making me very jealous by turning up in the blue meanie and thanks to Ivan for being Ivan.
Already looking forward to the next one.

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
Right stuff the arm don't care if it falls of. I missed a great weekend and am miffed as stuck in doors and four walls wife and kids so next one available I'm on it obviously if invited
gkad you all had a fab time a weather was good miss you all

Cockney taat

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Forgot to mention a few points , a massive thanks to you three gentlemen for putting up with me as ever , in particular with my current , well moaned about issues !! You know what i am referring to.

Paul Webster , for allowing me to totally take over all of his kit , poor bloke buys a couple of new toys and i just whisk them from under his nose , mainly the Blue Meanie , what a bit of kit , thanks pal i thoroughly enjoyed riding around in that baby , and it was your own fault for stealing your wifes camera , and then foolishly getting it out in front of me , i was away with that as well ! ( Adam knows just how you feel )

Still as part of the whole glamping experience , every morning i did chauffeur you to the excellent facilities at Haytor to powder your nose etc, ran brilliantly by the , lets call him gentleman !!

Dave53 , for the venison , that was the star dish of the show mate , and as usual for having every possible thing you could need in the woods ! When my pipe broke , i was going to sulk like a goodun until Alistair used his vast expertise and problem solving mind , casually asked " Anyone got a leatherman ?" and of course Dave had 2! major tantrum averted .

Alistair for picking me up , the firewood and making us all very jealous with his new toy the frontier stove , we all want one of those . And cheers for running us around on various excursions , and then dropping me back to the wood , when then being instructed to go on yet another Tesco run ( you know why , i didn't want to keep going down there Rick !)

I know i can occaisionally take the mick and have been know to fabricate the truth and even use poetic license with some of my tales , also to avoid being sued Paul you are now an official camp chef , top cooking mate .

Lastly , thanks a bunch you guys for making another top top weekend .

Oh i forgot to mention, doing it all again today with Icky, The Sweaty, Bushtelegraphious(some troy horse thing )and a new victim , returning on Sunday knackered and stinking of smoke , with more jolly japes ahead , and no doubt memories and pics .

Hide your camera Richie !

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Looks like you all had a fab time :)

Another excellent (no, honestly) video, gave 'I a few chuckles on the way around camp!

Enjoy the sunshine:sun: Lucky gits.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE