The changing colours of landrover....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Honest opinions here please.....
My landy started off as a horrible brown colour, I hated it, so I painted it over with 2 coats of white undercoat, while I was deciding on what top colour to do it in.... I went for red in the end, but the muppet mixed me up the wrong colour and it was a lighter red than what I intended, I was often asked if it was a fire engine.... It soon settled down and looked good once worn in, but after a couple of years, it was peeling in places and looking a bit tatty, so, off to the paint shop and this time, for a change, I went for green, lime green, looked good on the card, but when I saw the paint, I nearly said no way, there and then....Thought I would try a bit on the car, so I did one side, but ended up doing the whole thing, now I am really not sure....Everyone down my road is stopping to stare and comment, shock being the most used word....I am wondering if it would look better if I painted the wheels and roof black, so its all green and black, or I may just leave it as is, or go over it with a darker green.....
Anyway, what do you think.......?

This is how is was originally...
Picture024Small.jpg

This is how it was after being painted....
DSC00267Small.jpg

Errrrr, this is how it is now......
DSC00306Small.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
John,

BB says she knows a nice man who can re-spray it for you!

Sorry mate but thats "Fugly"

The interior is fantastic, the cars a dream, that colour though is a "before" shot for Nitromors :(

Red

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
British Red said:
John,

BB says she knows a nice man who can re-spray it for you!

Sorry mate but thats "Fugly"

The interior is fantastic, the cars a dream, that colour though is a "before" shot for Nitromors :(

Red

You don't think I should ask for the colour code then Red...I was thinking a Dynorod orange perhaps as a second choice?

LS

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Well you'll no' miss seeing it :D
Actually, I like it; it's a 'big mean green machine' kind of thing. You could always use that green as the basis for camo.

Cheers,
Toddy

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Very interesting, most people like it.....( you don't have to drive it though...) What about if I paint the wheels and roof black, so its all green and black, rather than green, black and white, any thoughts on that....

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Buckshot said:
How did you paint it?
'Interesting' colour btw

Mark
"Interesting", thats a good and nice way of saying it......Cutting in by brush, rest by mini roller.....2nd coat tomorrow.......

saffy

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
UK
It looks great. I have seen some electricity provider landies in similar colour.

Don't black the wheels and roof else it will look like a mint choc ice.

swagman

Nomad
Aug 14, 2006
Tasmania
I think it looks good but being a landrover i would be more concerned about having AA cover for when it breaks down again and again and again. :lmao:

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
swagman said:
I think it looks good but being a landrover i would be more concerned about having AA cover for when it breaks down again and again and again. :lmao:
Tell you what, its never let me down since I have had it, there is nothing to go wrong in it, its got a bomb proof engine, ok the gearbox whines, but it always has, its been a fantastic car for me, I still even have the same tyres on it from when I bought it, about 4 yrs ago....I mainly use it for work, towing a 2.7 ton trailer, I do have AA cover, but its only been used for my shogun, and don't get me started on that.....

Jjv110

Forager
May 22, 2005
Jersey C.I.
swagman said:
This must be a deliberate plot to initiate a Land Rover vs land cruiser argument!

PS, I like the Aussie army utlity vehicles. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE