The Bushcraft Store Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 24, 2016
Woolwich
Just wanted to share a couple of quick pictures of my new TBS Boar knives. One is a non locking 70mm folding knife and the other is the 110mm x 5mm fixed blade knife. Both have curly birch scales and were chosen with TBS leather sheaths. The pouch on the fixed blade sheath contains a DC4 sharpening stone and a TBS fire steel. The pounch on the folder is a simple affair with a nice tight fit which i am assured will conform to the shape of the knife over time, it is currently a nice tight fit so the lanyard is very helpful for removal!

24879597752_272134b7fe_c.jpg

24370735043_c4b37a880b_z.jpg

Both have N695 Stainless steel blades with a Scandi grind and truly are the sharpest knives i have owned.

The folder is the second version of the TBS non locking folder and i think the main difference is the thumb knick in the blade. I had read previously that the blade was difficult to open but this doesnt feel like it needs the knick. The back spring is plenty strong enough to give me the confidence to use it without fear of it collapsing unexpectedly. The sculpted scales feel very comfortable and although my giant mitts could do with a bit more length, it is very nice to use.

Previously i would typically own more tactical looking knives and this is my first foray in to more "out-doorsy" type knives. I am very impressed with The Bushcraft Store for the swift service and the quality for the price. I like that the folder is completely non offensive in appearance but is still a useful and tough tool.

The fixed knife is very nice. i like the weight of it and it feels well balanced. i think i would like some jimping on the back of the knife (is that a difficult thing for me to do myself, ie would it weaken the knife to cut some slots into the back myself with a dremel for example?) but other than that, it is just how i would have designed one myself. The fit and finish of the knife is good but the scales could be ever so slightly better shaped as there is a slight edge that can be felt between the steel and the wood (on the back).

I also really like the look of these, i dont know if that is something that people are bothered about but i like that the aesthetics of these knives make them look purposeful, good quality and tactile.

Are there any other owners of these about?

K813ZRA

May 1, 2015
Spain
I am in the process of getting full reviews of Boar published :) Great knives!

I await your review eagerly! These knives do not seem to get the coverage that other knives do and I have been curious about them for some time now. As with the OP I really like the aesthetics of them, they just speak to me.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I've got the folder...as reported very sturdy and on the upper limit for my pocket in terms of weight though usually in my jacket in winter. Nicely sharp and a Scandi folder gives more flexibility if the fixed blade is at home. Gets my endorsement...

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Got this for my recent birthday, stainless version, can't fault it's value for money quality wise and it feels great in my hand. Went with a dangler sheath for extra comfort while paddling.
Worth mentioning is the quick service from TBS goodjob who were let down by royal mail on two counts 1) the postie did not bother to walk another 3 or 10 yards and leave it with either my neighbour or the company office 2) booked the parcel in at the depot under the company office address, so it took ages for the poor lass in the depot to track it down. :dunno:

TBS%252520Boar%252520SS.jpg

Rob.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I've got the folder...as reported very sturdy and on the upper limit for my pocket in terms of weight though usually in my jacket in winter. Nicely sharp and a Scandi folder gives more flexibility if the fixed blade is at home. Gets my endorsement...

Same here, great "little" knife. It is my go-to for family camping so as not to scare the locals with a larger fixed blade. Bit too heavy as you suggest for an EDC type. Very sturdy lock up and great steel.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I have the Boar folder in Turkish walnut, I was pleased with it until I noticed the blade is slightly bent.

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I got the folder a couple of years ago, nice knife but for the overall fit and finish a bit over priced.

Collyboy

Feb 3, 2016
United Kingdom
I am considering getting a Boar I like the look of them I've heard some mixed reviews on the sheaths though, I'm currently using a Schrade tanto and its ok but I want a change.

knifeman

Forager
May 27, 2015
england
0b80b61929939920a2419f258b5aefac.jpg
I've got this one. Fantastic knife, really can't fault it. I have the carbon version and it's great. And the sheaths are very good aswell, I have the dangler style. Nice thick leather and nicely stitched even though it's machine stitched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE