the bushcraft show 2011

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
AND - got loads of ideas for stuff to make (which is probably why I didn't spend much money - I have a habit of looking at something and saying, "I can make that for less".)

And those would be? I'm like you I prefer to make something than buy it if at all possible and I could always do with some more ideas for things to make. Share your list or PM me please. I'd really be interested in seeing it. Pix would be nice too. (Yeah, I'm a cheeky sod.)

Obviously being in France I didn't get to the show but it sounded a lot better than something like the ideal home exhibition at the NEC. Glad you folks had a good time of it.

andynic

Forager
Jan 3, 2011
Keswick,cumbria
Had a great time on Saturday Seen and met Lofty which was awesome and bought a snugpak response pack, poncho, folding was and a mora companion. Also had a go at carving my first spoon which i thought was much easyer than it looked due to excellent tuition.

bushbabybex

Jun 6, 2011
Hoghton
hey,

first post on here after being told about the forum (and moot) by some lovely folks from gloucester i met whilst camping in the environmental area - kerne? was this you?

we were the idiots with the hot water bottles... air bed... board games... kitchen sink but no tin opener etc!!

this was our first bushcrafty adventure but we had a great time and would love to come to more stuff like this - am thinking moot maybe?

thought the show was great, highlights for me were the lectures on the main stage, lofty (of course), the psychology lady, the tracking sessions and the star lore. Also enjoyed all the mini demos on the stands. weather was amazing - rum cask cider was deadly!

only slight downside was the catering - although the food was really tasty there was always a huge queue and lack of choice. like someone else mentioned - a butchers stand would have gone down a treat for bbq'ing!

great show, great intro into bushcraft - looking forward to the next adventure.

and a big hello from a new member!

Becca

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
hey,

first post on here after being told about the forum (and moot) by some lovely folks from gloucester i met whilst camping in the environmental area - kerne? was this you?

Might have been - I met loads of folks - best bit of the show, really, the fact that everyone wanted to talk to everyone else and pick up tips etc.

GB_UK

May 29, 2011
Manchester
Sounds like everybody had a good time gutted I couldnt make it, look forward to going next year.
Great photos Glyn, thanks for sharing

mrmel

Forager
Jun 23, 2008
Gloucester
Great Pics Glyn!
Who is that odd girl with the pink blanket and giant hip flask.... Oh wait that's my swmbo!!!
Had a great time despite the set backs that have been mentioned (Axe forging and food)
Weather was great and the people I met were friendly despite my obvious drunkness on Sat night (Giant hip flask of port + Whiskey + Beer tent = Sorry if I was drunk and annoying!)
Oh and Lofty was great!!! I take his book with me most of the trips I go on and I got it signed!!! And to think I almost didn't bring it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE