The best Flashlight I have ever found

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
During the never ending search for the perfect compact torch, I think, I have at long last, found it.

I really wanted what I thought was the impossible, tactical light power when I needed it, yet something that would offer the option of LED output when less power was required, thus greatly extending the life of the batteries, after a lot of searching I came across the G.I. Angle-Head Flashlight, it’s made from aircraft grade aluminium and fibre nylon, which makes for a very robust construction, all joints are o ring sealed which makes this fully waterproof.

S8000742.jpg

What I really like about this is that it has an adjustable focus main Xenon lamp (the same as a Maglite), although I could not find any published power ratings for this bulb, it is comparable to the Asp and Surefire Tac lights that I have, the real bonus is the two super bright LED’s that operate on a separate switch, they provide enough light to illuminate the ground 30’ away to allow a safe walking light. The battery life is as you would expect approximately 1hr 20mins from the Xenon bulb, and well, I left the LED’s on for 47hrs on a fresh set on CR123a’s and they were still going strong, I gave up at this point so would assume that the usual 100 hrs + we see advertised for this type of lighting.

InTin.jpg

This comes very well packaged in a metal case (of which I have thought of a 1000 uses for already) it has interchangeable red, blue, yellow and white lenses and a cordura belt pouch which has places for spare batteries and a pocket for the lenses. The real Gucci bit has to be the three hidden legs in the base, this allows the torch to stand on a table providing a reading/working light through its ability to tilt via its adjustable base. And at 6” long by 1” diameter its fairly compact.

S8000746.jpg

All in all this is the best all rounder I have found and at $60 a fraction of the cost of some of the other torches I have.

I bought it from www.brigadeqm.com I would suggest that you have a good look through this site as I have found some really useful and unusual kit on here. Their service was second to none and I took delivery six days after placing the order.

Rating: 12/10. Yes, I know it really is that good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE