The Best Bushcraft Food

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Boletes and chanterelles, puffballs and chicken in the woods

Hazelnuts and beech nuts. Walnuts and sweet chestnuts Mmmm. :)

I know some will disagree but I also like dandelion root for coffee

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Hazelnut mash and blaeberries for breakfast.
Boiled crab or shellfish mix for lunch.
Venison with fried boletus and roast tatties for dinner.

Yum :).

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
There is a cherry tree growing wild nearby and is just coming into fruit the just picked fruit off it are gorgeous, you just need to beat the birds ;) . There are a couple of plum trees that fruit in autumn and they are just as delicious. I made a nettle curry earlier in the year (making nettle tea from the strained water and sweetened with a spoonful of honey was very nice).

I usually go blackberrying when they come into season and make a crumble so looking forward to that. I have just took on an allotment but it is totally overgrown as yet but there are a couple of apple tree's on there so it will be an apple and blackberry crumble this year :D

I know where there is a bunch of wild garlic growing but I forgot about it this year and missed out. :rolleyes:

Matt.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Has to be blackberries, straight off the bush and into your gob. Even has maggots for protein :D . Very fond of chestnuts too.
I have just got back from the Alps and eating wild strawberries warmed by the sun was out of this world :)

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes it has to be blackberrys, they will be coming out soon, august i think please correct me if i'm wrong
leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE