Sid from Texas!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sidpost

Forager
Dec 15, 2016
Texas, USA
Been away a long time so, just checking in again. ;)

Wandered away from the Bushcraft scene as my personal life go too busy with family commitments and other stuff. What else is there to say?

Anyway, I'm back to looking for a Lambsfoot knife but my Googl'ing and looking at my normal forums didn't work out so, I started thinking local and ended up back here!

I've got a Lambsfoot query over on "edged tools" but, I thought I would check-in here as well! Post-COVID craziness, I hope to hit the road and start traveling and camping again. Someday, I might even return to the EU region and I guess technically the UK post-Brexit now.

The closest I will come to the UK this year will be my Triumph Speed Triple 1200RR! Just couldn't swing a Japanese parallel twin or one of their 1,000cc inline-fours. Love those triples!!!

If anyone has a good lead on some saddlebags for my new ride, I'd appreciate the reference and/or a link! Right now, Givi is the only one confirmed to have saddlebags.

Best Regards,
Sid from Texas, USA thinking about Lambsfoot knives at the moment!

Athos

Mar 12, 2021
East Sussex
Welcome Sid. Nice bike! Putting saddlebags on that will be like drawing a wart on the Mona Lisa. Kriega make some nice tailpacks of various sizes. Very hard wearing gear and worth a look, might find something there that fits the bill.

sidpost

Forager
Dec 15, 2016
Texas, USA
Welcome Sid. Nice bike! Putting saddlebags on that will be like drawing a wart on the Mona Lisa. Kriega make some nice tailpacks of various sizes. Very hard wearing gear and worth a look, might find something there that fits the bill.

I tend to agree but, for my longer distance trips, I need more than a backpack. I have some over 1,000 mile trips planned once COVID dies down so a tank bag, backpack, tailpack combo really isn't practical or enough storage for cold and wet weather gear along with a reasonable number of clothes to avoid daily laundry duty! I can drop the bags at a hotel when I get to the Dragon's Tail and similar places though for sporty rides without luggage.

I have been looking at the Kriega U22 and R25 and have had good experiences with Ogio. The Velomacchi Speedway 28L was mentioned in another forum and looks pretty good to me and is a leading option at the moment.

Athos

Mar 12, 2021
East Sussex
Sounds like you need one of these!

1F0AA75A-5F83-4C11-BC2F-BB9881B311BE.jpeg

The Kriega stuff is very solid, my tailpack is obscured by my helmet in this picture. Totally waterproof and very versatile. Hope you find something suitable and keep it shiny side up on Dragon’s Tail!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE