The American who quit money to live in a cave

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Interesting. He lives our hobby, passion, but I still like to go home to the family, a warm home and have money in my pocket. Suello must have nothing to loose to adopt his lifestyle, I applaud him, but I could'nt do it. I wonder how many of us truely could.
Colin.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
He may have quit using money but it looks like he freely uses facilities that others pay for so in reality he hasn't quit it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2011
Linclonshire
You are so right. As the video says he relies on things found in the trash and things given to him by friends etc. The friends paid for them! The facilities are paid for. The food is left after someone paid. Money in one form or another has been with us for over 3000 years. Barter is also a form of money. Money in of itself is not the problem!!

bradleybuckman

Forager
Jun 25, 2010
Kentucky, USA
Interesting lifestyle choice, but it seems that he is living off of other peoples sweat. His friends still have to work to make money to give him the things that they are providing him with. I guess whatever works for them. Personally, I like bushcraft and other related activites, but it sure is nice to get home at the end of a trip and clean up and relax. I'm not sure I would want to live like that everyday for year on end. I'm always left confused by some of survivalist types in the US that seem to be looking forward to an economic collapse, end of the world type stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE