The adventures of Lady Swift

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
This quote from the Bushcraft Name thread got interesting today.

Ms. Swift sounds like a lady who knows how to make her point :)

So Lady Swift, as she's now become known, goes to go downstairs and at the the top of stairs finds herself face to face with a stranger...

then she realises it's the burglar who turned over 2 doors up while we were at the gathering. She screams something like "get out of my effing house" and chased him, effing and blinding, out of the house and down the street. Cops turned up and nicked him. The fledglings, who were just behind her, are a bit shook up.

We've just got the locks done as there is a set of keys missing.

Got them all to bed at 1 and then I started researching how to reset the car alarm.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Good on her! I had a similar experience years ago. Although mine had more of a comedy element but thats another story.

I invested in an alarm afterwards that can be set at night. Helped me sleep better knowing I would have more warning of scum in my house. Might be an idea to ask Mrs Swift if she would like one? I can easily talk you through how to source and fit one yourself.

Do praise your good lady, but understand there likely will be a backlash in her ability to "settle"

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Blimey! But i don't know whether i'm surprised he's not got a wood processing tool in the head. Sounds really horrifing, i'd be a bit more than a bit shook up. Did she try pushing him down the stairs? Where you there ? Hope all of you get over it well

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Good on you, Lady Swift!!! That's what's needed with such people, to be told exactly what to do and where to go.

Having said that, you have to be very aware of the potential dangers involved in confronting such people, especially with youngsters in the house; that'll probably be something she'll think about at a later date..............

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
We actually have an alarm Red, which was activated when they were out earlier in the day.

The potential danger scenarios have run though everyone's head I think. I'm guessing she had the psychological advantage in this case, having recovered from the shock of discovering each other quicker than he did.

I wasn't there at the time. I arrived home and let myself in to find myself greeted with a very freaked out Wild Wolf (our elder) with a stick.

Haggis

Nomad
I'm certainly pleased no one was physically harmed, but I can imagine the emotional and psychological harm will last for a very long time to come.

My Good Son and 4 Daughters live in towns and constantly struggle with break-ins; either their vehicles or their homes. I am perhaps fortunate to live well out in the bush. Rural people here are all stereotyped as being heavily armed and eager to shoot intruders, and it doesn't matter it it be true or not, for the most part would be intruders remain in the towns.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Crickey! Glad she's ok. As the saying goes- hell hath no fury.... And it obviously mad the bleeding burglar run!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
And they say don't get between a bear and her cubs! Well Mamma Swift has put that one to bed. I'm glad all are OK and hope that they're not too freaked out. Finding intruders can be scary, even for folk used to dealing with bad folk. I had three bad men break into my shop whilst I was clearing up after an earlier attempt that evening. Must say I was a bit short with the 999 operator as she was asking me for details as the three chaps approached me. Anyhow it seemed to work as 11 cops turned up within 7 minutes as I was fighting with them in the shop.
Head office found it funny when reviewing the security tape as I disappeared off camera with a 6 D cell Maglite braced over my shoulder (It was dark officer!). Security was changed after that and managers weren't allowed to stay in the shop if the Police had left. ( I got told off and praised at the same time). Have done martial arts and door security in the past but what made me worried after the fact was that there wasn't anyone there to patch me up if they'd got the better of me, as it was the wee hours of the morning. (I also read in the papers a few months later that the three of them were put away for attempted murder of someone else.

Hope your good lady is fine, a stiff drinky and a hearty hug is in order, and thanks for standing up to scum who invade our homes.

Marmite

Life Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Good to hear your all ok bud, give Lady Swift a hug from me she's a star (hands healed well by the way:rolleyes:) hope things can settle back to normal soon

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hey m8, marmite told me about this at the show this weekend....our thoughts are with you, nasty stuff and glad its turned out the way it has...phil, youre a star, big hug to y'all,

s

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
We've been to court (we were given a whopping 13 hours notice?!?!!).

When he found out we were there he put in a Guilty plea, so she didn't have to take the stand.

Sentencing not confirmed, but he was looking at the maximum sentence of 3 years (due to it being 3rd offence).

He had other cases coming up, seems he had a busy couple of weeks while out in the world.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Good stuff that, glad there was a positive result. It's annoying that they often only plead guilty when someone is there to give evidence against them. Seems to be certain types of lawyer just gouging more cash out of the system.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Not happy with invading you home, the scum makes you turn up to court too. He should get an extra year for that, the bottom feeding low life. Congratulate Lady Swift for me on being a model citizen please?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Good on Mrs Swift :approve: and the nestlings too. Hell mend the blighter though who tried to herry the nest.
I wish prison terms actually meant the time they were sentenced to.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE