That Chap Evading the Authorities in Northumberland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
had a bit of fun with the jibbing, but any death deserved or not, is an end, don't forget what he did, but also remember he had a family, and rightly or wrongly they will grieve .it may be justice, but it's not right.

Eye, fair point. But lets not go the other way into fake sentimentality for a vicious and dangerous killer that nobody knew. Of the 7 billion people on this planet that I have never met, there are 6 billion and something I would mourn before him. His death is unfortunate, but I have no feelings for the man at all and at least his suicide has saved the taxpayer the £40,000 a year it would have cost to keep him in prison for his crimes. Personally, if there is one person in this I really do feel for, it's his daughter who somehow has to come to terms with the fact that daddy shot mummy and killed mummy's boyfriend before eating one himself.

Last edited:

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Two wrongs dont make a right , i dont think he shot himself either very coincidentale it happened under the cover of darkness and away from the media.The guy was mentally ill and the prison recognised this but did not act on it ,i think the system failed him ! very sad events ,and very surprised at some of the comments concerning the death of another human.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
The system failed him? Sheesh.

I'm with Inspector Gadget on this...

http://inspectorgadget.wordpress.com/

"Now that the incident in Northumbria is over, it is time to blame the police for everything to do with Moat. His upbringing, his drug use, his domestic violence, the rampage and finally, his death. Also, the police should have stopped him/found him/saved him/shot him, depending upon your point of view.

What the police did do.

We know that he was arrested 15 times. CPS charging standards ensured that he was only charged on 12 of those occasions, and smart-arsed lawyers got him off on all but one of those charges.

Thanks to admissions in the two recent letters that he had been involved in drugs, shootings and violence, and to the various Stobbart family members being happy to repeat details of his offending, we can all see that he was guilty all along.

Hope the fees were worth it.

What the police did not do.

The police failed to provide Samantha, her new boyfriend, her nan, her step sister and various other members of the Tyneside tracksuited bling brigade with 24/7 armed police protection.

They failed to realise that of the ten thousand cons who threaten to “do someone” when they “get out” every year, Moat was the one who actually meant it. Ironically, this was probably based on a risk assessment informed by the fact that he only had one recent conviction for violence, which on Tyneside, is low."

I think people have to take responsibility for their own lives and stop blaming "the system". The only person that failed Moat, was Moat.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
being mentally ill does not give anyone an excuse to commit a crime and get away with it.......the guy was a repeat offender and the CPS dropped the ball many times.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Problem with a sociopath like this chap is that they know they are doing wrong, are aware of the consequences of their actions but just don't care and thats what makes them a sociopath and although recognised by some as a mental illness it is broadly recognised as incurable.

I do feel very sorry for the shame he has left on his loved ones and family.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
had a bit of fun with the jibbing, but any death deserved or not, is an end, don't forget what he did, but also remember he had a family, and rightly or wrongly they will grieve .it may be justice, but it's not right.

I think this is a fitting sentiment to close this thread. Which is why I'm now bowing out. Spare a thought for those lost and those left to grieve.

Aug 17, 2008
Hampshire
Whilst this steroid-fuelled ginger chav was acting out his psychopathic fantasies, five members of the armed forces were killed in action in Afghanistan - a much greater tragedy, and far more deserving of our sympathy.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
The authority of the police to kill members of the public, should always be a contencious issue, and always argued.

Senior members of the police force have publicly stated that, under an armed police force, innocents will be killed. And there have been many examples.

Frankly some of the views of senior police are so alien to me, as they should be to every member of the public, that they are reminiscent of some of the more insane ideas of members of the fabian society.

The death penalty was banned in the UK, because of the fact that there can never be absolute conclusive evidence of a persons guilt.

Therefore, even though in these circumstances, [arguably] the police should have the right to kill, to protect the public, however, if, the police get it wrong, the police themselves should be subject to the same justice as the rest of us.

Which is not happening. There are, unfortunately, a number of incidents, where the police have, killed innocents, and walked away scot free.

It seems obvious that this lack of accountability, runs the risk of engendering, a belief, that the 'authorites look after their own'

The system we are under at the moment does need addressing.

It should never be one rule for them [enforcers of the state] and one for us.

Last edited:

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
The authority of the police to kill members of the public, should always be a contencious issue, and always argued.

Senior members of the police force have publicly stated that, under an armed police force, innocents will be killed. And there have been many examples.

Frankly some of the views of senior police are so alien to me, as they should be to every member of the public, that they are reminiscent of some of the more insane ideas of members of the fabian society.

The death penalty was banned in the UK, because of the fact that there can never be absolute conclusive evidence of a persons guilt.

Therefore, even though in these circumstances, [arguably] the police should have the right to kill, to protect the public, however, if, the police get it wrong, the police themselves should be subject to the same justice as the rest of us.

Which is not happening. There are, unfortunately, a number of incidents, where the police have, killed innocents, and walked away scot free.

It seems obvious that this lack of accountability, runs the risk of engendering, a belief, that the 'authorites look after their own'

Well said that man,we only know what we have been told on the news or what we have read,not unless some of you have known him personally ,i think there are discrepancies in this story already it emerged it was one taser now its two and tomorrow it will be a couple of 9mm hit him and the shotgun was,nt discharged at all,why would the senior police officer not know these details before giving the press conference ?did he not know or why, did he hold back ,i think in the wake of the accusations that saddam had weapons of mass destruction as an excuse to invade iraq and hang him and there has still one yet to be found i would rather think for myself,if he did have a shotgun to his neck i would have thought the outcome of being hit by a taser would have been pretty obvious ,there must have been an easier way to end this surely another point is that it seemed to take around an hour and half to get to hospital.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
The bloke was hanging out around here, it was a bit nerve racking to be honest. We went up to the local woods a couple of times last week, and didn't even know he was kicking about round here... Wouldn't have gone otherwise. I'm grateful it's all over and he can't hurt anyone else any more to be fair.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

Senior members of the police force have publicly stated that, under an armed police force, innocents will be killed. And there have been many examples

Got any reference to that?

The death penalty was banned in the UK, because of the fact that there can never be absolute conclusive evidence of a persons guilt

Bit of a sweeping statement there

In fact, I don't believe the police can do anything right in the eyes of some members of this society who would be only too happy to see them come to their aid. Your post is utter tosh Dave, no offence meant deliberately but come on, give the police a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE