Thankyou

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
A post to say thankyou.
I've been visiting this forum for a couple of years, although I only joined a few months ago, and only recently started to contribute. Since I've been here some of you, have been amazing.
The help I've had, the offers for help, advice, personal concern. I have made friends, and I never come for that. I come for knowledge, to learn.
I get strangers pm me to meet up, or go camping, and i love that. Even those of you who I've never spoken too, you will say or post something, and that's it. Me and my 3 boys are out in the woods, beach, garden smashing it to learn what you've shown.
Honestly this place is amazing. I've spent time in the jungle, desert, and a little in the mountains. When I go back ill be so more better mentally equipped, because of what I've learnt here. I can't thank you enough.
I know I don't post pics or threads, but I don't know how to. To my embarrassment, my Missus taught me how to use internet/computer only a couple of years ago (I'm 33). I will learn.
Anyway I had a list but don't want to miss anyone out. So to all of you.
Thankyou very, very much. I wish you all the best.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I sit down with a mug of tea or my coffee and have a quick look over......and you are so right :D I hear the voices of the people who post, they are friends, and when I have actually met them in real life, it's the same :cool: Knowledge rich, helpful, good company :)

Everybody who posts contributes in some way, and even those who don't and are still hovering in the background are welcome.
It's all good :)

Actually, your mention of your sons brings this to mind; I had intended to start a kind of sticky thread with good ideas for crafts for children. The kind of things that are introductions to seeing potential and developing the skills that are very much part of bushcraft. Doesn't matter how simplistic it is; if it uses natural materials in it's construction, then it's on the right track :D

Anyone mind where the tutorial is on the whistles ? :D

cheers,
Toddy

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
That's a great idea Toddy. It's the kids who are the future guardians of nature. We need to get them interested while their still young.
I sit down with a mug of tea or my coffee and have a quick look over......and you are so right :D I hear the voices of the people who post, they are friends, and when I have actually met them in real life, it's the same :cool: Knowledge rich, helpful, good company :)

Everybody who posts contributes in some way, and even those who don't and are still hovering in the background are welcome.
It's all good :)

Actually, your mention of your sons brings this to mind; I had intended to start a kind of sticky thread with good ideas for crafts for children. The kind of things that are introductions to seeing potential and developing the skills that are very much part of bushcraft. Doesn't matter how simplistic it is; if it uses natural materials in it's construction, then it's on the right track :D

Anyone mind where the tutorial is on the whistles ? :D

cheers,
Toddy

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
That's great mate, I feel exactly the same, I've only been here months and feel like I've been ages. It has been great and everyone is so friendly!

Glad you enjoy it too! :)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Nice one Ammo, couldn't agree more, i was new to all this a few years ago, and still get amazed by a forum! I have said this before, but i have met some of the most amazing people due to this site, that i have ever met in my life!

Also have a great friendship with lots on here that i have never met!

In general the most understanding, caring and knowledgeable bunch you could converse with, learn from, enlighten, and spend that funny old thing of talking to on a blooming computer!

Cheers everyone.

Ivan...

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
I have found I've laid myself open amoung people here and have found solice in times of joy and sorrow. Never be with out you all

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
It's very pleasing indeed to know how many people get so much from this forum - long may it continue!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE