Thank you to Whitby & Co

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
I know these tend to get a bit boring - but credit where it is due.

In a complete 'dufus' moment I managed to flick out the double ended screwdrivr bit from my Leatherman Wave - whilst stood in powder snow over heather. 20 fruitless minutes of looking and no joy.

Quite search online and it proved hard to find a simple replacement for what I'd lost - lots of kits etc, but I couldn't find the 'standard' part.

So I dropped a line to Whitby & Co to ask for the part number and where I could buy one. Long story short - 48 hours later ( after some correspondence where I confirmed it was me being a pilchard not a 'failure' 0 Louise of Whitby & Co had a replacement bit with me - gratis.

Super service - thank you.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Isn't it a quiet delight when something like that happens and totally fixes a problem with just the perfect piece ? :D

Nice one Whitby & Co. :approve:

M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
White &Co. are a nice bunch who I used to love dealing with on a professional basis. And little gestures like that make a huge difference when you've suffered a Doh! moment.
Well done to Whitby and moreover well done to you for posting it up. Its all to easy for folks to use electronic media to slate companies but far to few do it for good reasons, always makes Mr happy when folks do.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I've had a blade replaced on a Buck folder for £10 and a replacement leatherman tool, great service from Whitby.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My experience of Whitby and co, as a business and the staff as individuals, has always been excellent - great folk and a great company to deal with .

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Hmmmm ... That's good to hear, as a while before Christmas I sent them my Leatherman Micra when a spring in it broke, and I haven't heard anything from them.

I'll give them a bell.

mylofitz

Apr 19, 2012
Cheshire
The service I've experienced from Whitby has always been excellent. Must also note that I've also received excellent service from Burton McCall (Victorinox).

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I had a leatherman super tool for 15 years, it broke, and whitby replaced it under the 25 year warranty with the latest version.

Excellent service.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE