Then 'tested' the hammock :sleeping:
IMG00465-20110917-1559.jpg

Very nice set-up indeed.

Last edited:

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
there plenty on here who will buy the spare stuff of you but its nice to have a spare setup i keep my spare setup in the boot of the car in case i fancy a hang regards da ve

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Looks good :) comfy?

Very! Not had chance for a overnighter yet but on the day out it was excellent :)

there plenty on here who will buy the spare stuff of you but its nice to have a spare setup i keep my spare setup in the boot of the car in case i fancy a hang regards da ve

Not a full member so i have put it on the swap shop. Will swap for the right item but if no one wants it ill keep it for spare :)

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
That looks excellent.

The tarp looks absolutely huge, bigger than 3x3M.

I've just had a look at the DD website and might go for the Scout hammock and MC tarp in the very near future.

Do they have an outlet, I beleive they are a Scottish company or is it all internet sales?

Cheers,

Liam

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
That looks excellent.

The tarp looks absolutely huge, bigger than 3x3M.

I've just had a look at the DD website and might go for the Scout hammock and MC tarp in the very near future.

Do they have an outlet, I beleive they are a Scottish company or is it all internet sales?

Cheers,

Liam

The tarp is a nice size, 3x3m and only 650g.

I have another hammock and Tarp up in the swap shop if your interested.

Last edited:

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Will have a look Beenn.

Your fotos look better than those on the DD site itself, theirs don't do it justice TBH.

Liam

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I've had a look at the swaps Beenn, to be honest the stuff you're looking for I've only just managed to scrape together myself.

Liam

garethw

Settler
Hi there
I've got both the MC tarp and the Olive version. The latter is far superior in finish and general quality. All peg points are reinforced and the general feel of the tarp is better.
I liked the idea of an MC tarp, and it is ok... but with the stories of them ripping, I prefered to get an OD too.
My only other observation of the MC tarp is that the pattern is very repetative... it ends up looking more like a bed duvet cover than a camo tarp...
All this said I've been more than happy with my DD gear that includes the tarps, Travel hammock and sleeve and the underquilt...
cheers
Gareth

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
They have changed the MC tarp now chaps, I believe there are less of the side attachment points, and they are now re-enforced.

I have the frontline and the MC tarp, and think it is great kit. I bought for the Explorer unit 2 frontlines and 3 scout hammocks, plus tarps for each too. Brilliant kit all round.

I'd love the Underquilt, but it's way beyond my budget at the moment, so I'm purchasing a square sleeping bag and going down the route that Southey has, making a underquilt come cocoon.

Dec 16, 2007
I think you will find with the MC tarp all they have done is cut the side tabs off. I had a few e mail exchanges with them saying I got the tarp due to the 19 points and price and on the bag it still states it has 19 points. I was told that they have removed the points due to "Issues" and if I want a tarp with 19 to send them more money and the tarp back and they will give me the green one. I payed for it before they stated on the web site it comes with less tabs so NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE in my eyes. Saying that it is a good lightweight tarp in a nice size so I shall take it on the chin and keepit. Beware all reviews on you tube etc have the full 19 tabs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE