tentipi safir help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nenook

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 24, 2010
stafford
hello, I have a safir 7 and there is a small amount of mildew on the ventilator cap , can anyone recomend how i can clean it off?
thanks

nenook

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What's the fabric ? I used to use Milton on my old cotton tent inners, might be worth a go.

Mild bleach, toothpaste, lemon & salt are others you could try

nenook

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 24, 2010
stafford
hey up Rich , its poly cotton mate , it says no chemicals. ! maybe il try the lemon and salt , d you mix it with water?

thanks bud

Franc

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Rub half a lemon on the stain with some salt and then wash it off straight away. I think Milton should be okay for poly cotton but you might want to check it first.

nunzionuk

i've used milton before on cotton tents, so you should be ok, just make sure to wash it with loads of water and allow it to dry, in the sun is best.

You might notice a slight discolouration, this is normal, and likely why they say dont use chemicals.

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
I am almost certain I have read "distilled white vinigar" is the base for mildew/mold preventing/removing products. it certainly kills mildew and mold. not sure about removing the stain. obviously this viniger is acidic, but I dont believe its as harsh as a lemon.
I must add it's amazing stuff. has soooo many uses too.
I have a list in a note pad doc, but dont want to post it in this thread.
I purchased some online, 5 liters was nice n cheap £4 from memory but the P+P bumped it up to nearer £11 due to the weight.
I have also recently seen avaliable in places like pound strecher and pound land possibly wilko's. (only in 500ml spray bottles)

Good luck what ever methods you try.

nenook

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 24, 2010
stafford
thanks all for the advise, looks like white vinegar and a reproof is the way forward. ive tried some bicarbonate of soda on a test piece and waiting till the morning to see the results, I will let yu know

thanks again

nenook

nenook

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 24, 2010
stafford
hi and thanks to everyone who gave me advise , I went for milton and reeproofing in the end and although it hasent took it all off, its done ok for me , if only i could post some piccies of my set up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards

nenook

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE