Tentipi problems

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

DavyCrockett

Thanks to whoever it was who has put this link up for me.

I would strongly advise anyone who owns a Tentipi/or know someone who does, to read this.
If you should know of anyone else who has had this happen then please contact me.
If mine is the first pole to collapse, then more will certainly follow, because this is a design error, not a flaw in the material.
As I state in my post, this is potentially life threatening should a stove or fire be in use at the time of collapse. I am not a fully paid up member of this 'nanny state' we seem to be developing into where everything has to have a risk assessment, I see this as something that needs to be addressed as soon as posible, before there is a serious incident.
I will update as soon as Tentipi make a reply.

Regards
Richard Forder

D

DavyCrockett

Today I have emailed both Nordic Outdoors ( the supplier) and Tentipi themselves.
I have stated quite clearly my concerns of the potential danger to life should a faulty pole such as this one collapse whilst a stove or fire is in use.
The total amount of times this Tentipi has been erected is: Four.
The number of nights use: Nine.
That is why I am so concerned.
I will keep this thread updated as and when I receive news.

Richard

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE