Tentipi alternative...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I have watched that Ray Mears clip so many time ,,,, man he knows how to sell the dream ,,,, cracking set up ,

Twodogs

I've been looking for a cheaper alternative, that maybe I could mod. But Ive yet to find a canvas one with very steep sides, short walls, and lots of headroom?

dbl_crew.jpg

it seems to be a pretty unique shape?

Last edited:

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Dave said:
But Ive yet to find a canvas one with very steep sides, short walls, and lots of headroom

Have you considered something like the BCT Task Force 5?

It's effectively a canvas Force Ten so no walls but steep sides & good headroom. If you fitted sod flaps/snow valances to the fly you could dispense with the inner and put your flue jack either in one of the sides or in the closed bell end.

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Oh Yeh, absolutely...... But a tentipi is as well isnt it really? Its just very cool! :notworthy

Thaks for the link Bilmo, I had a good look at it.

Jun 22, 2010
Farnborough, Hants
I have the tetipi onyx cp 5. By far the best tent I have ever used. I use it with the Frontier Stove and generlly equip with a US Army Camp Cot (it will take two of these quite comforatably). I'm using it again next week in North Norfolk and am hoping for strong easterlies to bring in some Siberian Migrant Birds and thus the stove will be deployed. I'll attempt to take some photos of the inside for publication on the means. I cannot recommend this tent highly enough; somewhat expensive but it was a present to myself following seven months in Helmand.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE