Tenth Wonder Green Hornet Jungle Camping Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tweeders

May 7, 2009
Co Antrim
hi guys,
just a quick review on my new hammock.
horonly2.jpg

it's a Tenth Wonder Green Hornet Jungle Camping Hammock, bought on fleabay. and i thoroughly rate it for the £30 i payed for it.
for those who know the DD trave hammock, you'll know exactly what to expect of this one.
it has a two layer base and a sewn in mozzy net with a full length zip. the base has a full length zip to allow you to insert a thermarest.
the whole thing comes in a nice compression sac which can also keep a tarp tidy, one less bag to carry.
loads of room and well thought out with a piece of paracord already strung inside the net for hanging bits and pieces, as well as having 2 internal pockets for the phone etc.
another great feature is the extended wind breaks at the two ends, which really help keep the draught out.
the whole thing can also be used on the ground, as a kind of bug bivi, again, like the DD travel hammock.
bivvyshot.jpg

if you're in the market for a hammock, i'd recommend it

tweeders

May 7, 2009
Co Antrim
you couldn't go wrong with a DD.
i just wanted one with a mozzie net to keep the midgies out.
make sure you've ann under blanket or thermarest when you go to use it. bit nippy without.
happy camping mate.

Ricky369

May 11, 2009
NI - Co. Tyrone
Yeah the netting would have been an advantage, but if i really need it i will make one. Not worth the extra money

I was thinking of puting foil blankets under and filling with leaves or something

Anyways going out side to put it up :D

tweeders

May 7, 2009
Co Antrim
that might work, definitely worth a try.
i like my thermarest, let me know how the foil blankets and leaves work, though. could be a plan.

scubapauly

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2009
Hertfordshire
scubapauly.zenfolio.com
hi guys,
just a quick review on my new hammock.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w160/illuminaticat/horonly2.jpg

it's a Tenth Wonder Green Hornet Jungle Camping Hammock, bought on fleabay. and i thoroughly rate it for the £30 i payed for it.
for those who know the DD trave hammock, you'll know exactly what to expect of this one.
it has a two layer base and a sewn in mozzy net with a full length zip. the base has a full length zip to allow you to insert a thermarest.
the whole thing comes in a nice compression sac which can also keep a tarp tidy, one less bag to carry.
loads of room and well thought out with a piece of paracord already strung inside the net for hanging bits and pieces, as well as having 2 internal pockets for the phone etc.
another great feature is the extended wind breaks at the two ends, which really help keep the draught out.
the whole thing can also be used on the ground, as a kind of bug bivi, again, like the DD travel hammock.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w160/illuminaticat/bivvyshot.jpg
if you're in the market for a hammock, i'd recommend it

Hi all,

I've just got myself one of these hammocks. Just curious as to how to set it out using the extra webbing and storm rings. As you can tell this is my first hammock lol

Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE