Tent stove options for Hot tent.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Rocket stoves, Ammo Can Stoves, diy steel Turkish Samovar able to use stove pipes to vent smoke out side the tent?

Hello there. Looking for options on a tent stove heater for a hot tent small to compact size for 4-5 people at most. Seen the Samovar tea maker stove with water reservoir. Wondering if anyone had used this type of stove and added stove pipes to vent smoke outside the tent. Thank you.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I wouldn't try to use a Samovar as a tent stove. It isn't made for such heat and surely would fall in pieces.

Apart from this I can't imagine how to feed it constantly if you have tubes mounted onto it.

I owned one, I used it pretty long and I sold it.

It's usefull only in a large house with a very big family.

I play the Balalaika. But I sold the Samovar.
I hope you understand it.

Reactions: Reallybigmonkey1

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Which tent do you have? That would give a better idea on what stove to recommend.
I have a 4 m canvas bell and I use an Anvay stove which also has a water heater.
Recently purchased a 3m bell, and I think that it may be too big for that so am looking at alternatives myself.
I'm currently looking at the Nomad stoves. They also have a water tank available.
You should also purchase a spark arrestor, and if you have a fitted groundsheet a fireproof mat to stand the stove on to protect the sheet from hot coals. A silicone flue is also a good investment as they protect the tent fabric better than just a smoke flap.
Oh, and don't forget a carbon monoxide detector! Very important!

Last edited:
Reactions: Winnet

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Hello there. Have a few of the Canadian half shelters. Looking at the Canadian Recce 4 man Crew Tent made by Manta industries. I would like a bell tent Arctic 5 man or 10 man Canvas tent. Also looking at the Canvas Lone Wolf button tent. Have been looking at a few tent heaters US type 45 multi fuel heater. Seen some ammo can stoves. Would prefer Canvas to nylon or synthetics. Lavuus and Teepee styles interest me. Thank you to all responses.

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Hello there. Looking at a multifuel stove like the newer version of the Yukon Army heater tent stove. Read some army publications and they stated that the M-45 Tent heater multifuel stove service life of 2-3 years
https://www.herooutdoors.com/u-s-military-issue-hunter-space-heater-stove-large-h-45-type-2-new/

I have seen the M-45 type 11 stove in the US for alot cheaper but with the Borders closed it is hard to ship to locations close to me for pick up as I live within 25 km of the US Chopaka Border crossing.

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Hello there. I have seen a couple older types of field stoves. German Feld Oven. Anyone seen these in use? Comes with two sections of stove pipe 3" I believe. The other was a rare Swedish field stove with a pan that can be lowered into the stove for boiling water/cooking food. Pretty compact designs that look like would work well for hot tent uses. Also been looking at some varieties of kerosene heaters and lamps that some folks use to heat their tents. Thank you.

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Something like this little dandy.

Reactions: nigelp

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Well that makes things interesting. The US borders have opened up a little so making the trip to WA STate is now an option. Coleman’s has H-45 tent heaters for sale $99.00 US. Looks pretty decent. I like the Space Heater Arctic that has the ability to burn Diesel, kerosene and also coal or Wood.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE