Tent for motorbike camping wanted, also tips!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

*Dusty*

Tenderfoot
Oct 21, 2011
N Ireland
The Khyam instant-up tents are great for bike/car camping. I am referring to the ones with the pre-threaded fibreglass poles and latch system.
I found that riding a fared bike in the rain, you stayed dry as long as you were moving. It was when you were at camp and trying to set up the tent that you got wet. The instant erect tent allowed you to get under cover reasonably quickly. (39seconds is my record so far. That is from bag in hand, to pitched enough to get in.)
They are also pretty robust and double skinned. Mine has been very waterproof in some pretty intense (in-tents) rain.

The ground sheets on these tents are just thin flysheet nylon, so I usually use a builders tarp as a ground protector.

Thanks, bit more than I'd wanted to spend. Likelihood is it won't be used very often, if at all!

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I use a cheap and cheerful tent for biker events. I don't want to have to worry too much about it.

You can rig the tarp up from the tents to the bike if you need to. Mind you, the sixteen inch apes on mine give me a bit more height to work with than most.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE