Telemark DVD

moko

Forager
Apr 28, 2005
out there
Am I right in thinking that RM's Heroes of Telemark was never released on DVD.
Its my birthday in a few weeks and need to get myself sorted with pressies.

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
moko said:
Am I right in thinking that RM's Heroes of Telemark was never released on DVD.
Its my birthday in a few weeks and need to get myself sorted with pressies.

It wasnt no...

Its often repeated on UK history channel.. easily accessed on freeview..

moko

Forager
Apr 28, 2005
out there
Thanks AndyP. I thought this was the case but just wonted to make sure. I dont do the sky / freeview thing but will try and track someone down who does and borrow a copy.
Again, thanks for your response. :) :)

Mark

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
heroes of telemark isn't available on DVD, and am i right in saying nor is "world of survival". i know series 1 - 3 of extreme survival is on DVD, but i cant find world of survival. it is on the sky / cable / freeview channels often though. any-one know for sure? :confused:

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
I'm on the basic NTL cable package and get UKTV History but not UKTV documentary - would be very grateful for an advance warning if someone spots 'Heroes' in the History listings before do - :rolleyes: hmmm, maybe I need to buy myself a dvd recorder.

It was reading a copy of the book (that I randomly picked up in Oxfam) that brought me to this site.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Sorry sxmolloy you're quite right.

If you do a search on Mr Mears earlier work on this site you'll find quite a few threads about us trying to get TRACKS and WORLD OF SURVIVAL realeased on DVD. Ray and his Woodlore company do not own the rights to the programs the BBC does. A lot of us have written to the commissioning editor to try and get them relaeased but they have written back saying at the moment there are no plans to release them but maybe in the future.
Have a looksie around and feel free to send your own letter...the more we send the better the chance!

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
Extreme Survival and Bushcraft are out on DVD.

World of Survival and Telemark can be found at various online 'sources', but I couldn't condone that.....

Bushcraft and Telemark were recently shown on UKTV History - one sunday they showed Telemark on a loop all day, and another Sunday they showed Bushcraft on a loop - though the episodes were only 45 minutes long as opposed to the hour long ones that were on the DVD and appeared on TV

I've always wanted to see that 'Trips money can't buy' show he did with Ewan MacGregor, but its never been repeated AFAIK

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE