Teddy Tours money tree wood

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
I’ve transferred the photo’s over to my Blog :-http://teddytourteas.blogspot.com/
as I do not like the loss of control over the photo’s,

Graham_S
You have received an infraction at BushcraftUK: Community Forum.
Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
-------
Hi.
Due to a number of complaints from other members, and after reviewing the thread in question (this one), I've awarded an infraction.
While you are entitled to your opinion, there is no need to insult people.
Thank you.
Graham_s.
BCUK Mod team.
-------
This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I regard the photo’s as my property, that I want to share with BCUK,
but finding I can’t access them, because of “restricted access,” I’ve transferred them to where I can
thanks for your time Danny.
----------------------------------------------
We've (Earby) been under a blanket of wet cloud for the last couple of days so todays idea was let's see if the top of Ingelbourgh pokes out ! packed the kit and set off with side and fog lights on and by the Settle Clapham bypass it was thinning out, climbed the hill out of Ingleton on the Ribble head road into blue sky and sunshine But ! (ha ha) the top of Inglebourgh was making a cloud hat, change of plans parked at SD 70722 73759 wheresthepath linky and dropped down to the river Doe, skirting the working Granite quarry, with the old quarry to my left and the viaduct in Ingleton shrouded in mist

then passed several money trees and had to tie Teddy up with paracord in the haversack

and followed it upstream along the gorge side path

the above was about the top waterfall and with a view of Inglebourgh still making cloud

there was a handy bench for dinner and a brew

Risotto Rice with Porcini Mushrooms and sliced smoked Cabanos with a South African Pinotage and Shiraz
the Optimus Crux folder and Terra Nova cook set doing a great job, fast boil 3000 watt then a gentle simmer, to any one following the last x3 Tours it’s still on the first 100gm gas cylinder and I've had a couple of brews in the shed as well.
I used my heavy Olive wood spoon for Risotto stirring and a new Beech wood spoon(a trade) from Robin Wood for eating it, (off a non stick light weight Aluminium frying pan with the handle removed as a stay clean plate) What a Fantastic spoon a functional piece of Art that’s almost Sensual to put in your mouth (someone throw a bucket of water over John Fenna I’m talking about a spoon). The Cabanos cut up with my Launditch1 knife another trade for great craft work. I’ve also another great knife from Everything Mac still waiting for a Tour review isn’t BCUK a great place ?

I was still going back down through the wood as it began to get dark and even though I had my Fenix LD10 it wasn’t until I walked into a Burdock that I got it out and switched it on (Burdocks like wool shirts) as I came back uphill to the road the Sun was putting on a show

it wasn’t quite this dark I used –2 stops as an over-ride to Auto

I used the Fenix high beam Strobe setting as I walked back along the, no footpath, road back to the van
just thought I'd share cheers all Danny

Last edited:

Calurix

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 12, 2010
Moray, Scotland
there was a handy bench for dinner and a brew
05-1.jpg

Risotto Rice with Porcini Mushrooms and sliced smoked Cabanos with a South African Pinotage and Shiraz
the Optimus Crux folder and Terra Nova cook set doing a great job, fast boil 3000 watt then a gentle simmer, to any one following the last x3 Tours it’s still on the first 100gm gas cylinder and I've had a couple of brews in the shed as well.

I love the tours. I hope you never made teddy carry the bench there and then you sat on the bench raising teddys fatiged frame and food off the ground :confused: .

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Gorgeous pictures!A very beautiful area.
Money trees?I've never seen or heard of such a thing,so I did some searching on google for more information.Interesting for sure.It's good to learn something new everyday,thanks.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Looks ace up there Danny, really very nice.You sure dont rough it on your walks!!Thanks for the kind words on the knife too!
The only money tree ive ever seen is at St Nectans glen in Cornwall.Weird things!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
What a Fantastic spoon a functional piece of Art that’s almost Sensual to put in your mouth (someone throw a bucket of water over John Fenna I’m talking about a spoon).

Ain't nothin' sexier than a good wooden spoon - and that is a beaut!

justsun

Nov 14, 2010
italy
The light of the beauty is firstly being there and looking through the photo's that capature the supherb surroundings of nature ... where does the river doe fall into???

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
The light of the beauty is firstly being there and looking through the photo's that capature the supherb surroundings of nature ... where does the river doe fall into???
Hello justsun, yes I think I know what you mean there's the 1st hand of being there then the second hand of photo's, I just hope it gives others at least a look/feel of the place.All the way round there was the different sounds of the flowing water which was "magical" as well.
If you click the (in blue) wheresthepath linky at the begining just after SD 70722 73759 it will bring a map at one side and an ariel photo at the other your mouse pointer on one will show on the other and both are left clickable and then you can drag them to say follow the River Doe and a double click on anything will center both at that place.Also on each side there is a + and - scale for larger or smaller views, let us know if you manage or want any more instructions.
cheers Danny

justsun

Nov 14, 2010
italy
checked it out... i noticed that river greta and river twiss both meet up with doe ... no wonder there's so much green about ... the largest seems to flows from inglebourgh... thanks for the extra info...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE