Teddy Tour to Trollers Gill

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
I’ve transferred the photo’s over to my Blog :-http://teddytourteas.blogspot.com/
as I do not like the loss of control over the photo’s,

Graham_S
You have received an infraction at BushcraftUK: Community Forum.
Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
-------
Hi.
Due to a number of complaints from other members, and after reviewing the thread in question, I've awarded an infraction.
While you are entitled to your opinion, there is no need to insult people.
Thank you.
Graham_s.
BCUK Mod team.
-------
This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I regard the photo’s as my property, that I want to share with BCUK,
but finding I can’t access them, because of “restricted access,” I’ve transferred them to where I can
thanks for your time Danny.
-----------------------------------------
After a couple of days of gales and heavy rain and with another deep depression forecast to pass over I packed up the kit and set off via Skipton, Embsay, Eastby, Barden Bridge, Skyreholme to park just below Ridge End House just short of Parcevall Hall Linky to Wheresthepath map and photo
to make the most of todays blue sky and sunshine and even the wind had dropped off. Followed the beck up for a couple of fields until the start of the Gill came into view

there was no sunshine inside so added a couple stops to settings

but the water looked low enough to get through

even if it was from one side to the other

with just a couple of tricky moments – waterproof boots and tight gaiters

Looking back from the top of the Gill

and following the stream up back in the sunshine

which led on to the bridge where the path goes over in a loop to miss out going back down the Gill

just a couple of hundred yards further up are some ruined mine buildings that were the ideal place for dinner

looking back down from them

first on was a brew while dinner was prepared

then it was rustle up a quick snack

Frying steak, from British Reds favourite supermarket, petits pois with baby carrots and mashed potatoes topped off with a sprig of water cress from the stream on the way up (hot and peppery) and a crust of home made bread, knife a trade from Launditch1 - sharp fits my hand perfect and exactly what I wanted cheers Launditch1

and a glass of, two of my favourite grapes South African Pinotage and Cinsault

set off back down to the right of the gill passing an old mine that looks worth another visit, when someone knows where I am !

maybe a trip for EdS and Shewie ?
cheers all Danny

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Lovely pics Danny

I've not been in that area since I was a kid, we used to cycle from Bingley to Appletreewick (before the bypasses were built) and camp out down by the river.

Would love to explore the area again so I'm definitely up for it one day.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi nice photos did teddy have to much to drink he"s looking a bit wide eyed regards dave

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great pics, makes you really want to get out there and go for a walk.

Shewie theres a great campsite in Appletreewick called Masons. Been there twice and really enjoyed it.

Not sure what the site was called back then but it was basically a field on about three levels, if you went down to the bottom you could pitch right next to the riverbank.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
that mine looks inviting is it open or has it been sealed off? great pics and respect to the up yours approach to light weight camping with that nice gourmet picnic set up :-D

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
What a wonderful looking area. Your pics have got me planning a long distance trip now, as I have reason to be up that way occasionally. Thanks.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Fluorspar (fluorite) - is a halide mineral composed of calcium fluoride - used to increase the fluidity of slags used in smelting flux

I learn something everyday on this forum

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
What an excellent trip. Thanks for posting these. It makes me feel as if I live somewhere very flat! Must get out more...

Z

justsun

Nov 14, 2010
italy
ted looks drunk with that bottle in front of him :yikes::yikes:the folow up of the stream looks great ...yu can almost hear the water running :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Hello justsun, and welcome to BCUK can you sign in go back to your original post click edit at the bottom and delete every thing but your first line, then click save.That way all the photos don't load again !
If there's one you really like you can copy it's code and just put that in :-
******.jpg

thanks hope your not put off
cheers Danny

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE