Teaspoon whittling

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Heres one I knocked up today

Decided to leave it as a tooled finish and lightly oiled
e4anu3av.jpg
arupe7yg.jpg
3y8ere6a.jpg

Dave

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Thanks for the kind words chaps, just getting the hang of my new flexcut spoon knife.

I will be doing more projects like this though. I at one time found carving incredibly frustrating as I could never get the wood to do what I wantes (and blamed the wood) practice has shown me that it was my fault and that I needed different practices and techniques. Working things out slowly though

Dave

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Once you start making spoons you have crossed over to the dark side..........you are always making one.

Well done.

Has anybody mentioned the old gag yet about wanting to make a canoe paddle and ending up with a teaspoon?

Ah, I just did.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
well done dave! loving the stabby end! hey I bet you could drill a fine hole into the end of a spoon and stick pencil lead in it.

Turnstone

Apr 9, 2013
Germany
A cute little spoon!

Just finished my first spoon, and you are right, I learned a lot about the wood, the knives and the technique. In the beginning really frustrating, and I thought I would never get something I might find useful or good-looking...

Leiflet

Nomad
Jun 5, 2013
Devon
Mm, I like doing tiddly ones,too. Except when I just must make something enormous. And then, of course, it ends up whittled down into another teaspoon. Nice one.

Cheers,
Leif

vukic

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2013
Tiverton, Devon
Mm, I like doing tiddly ones,too. Except when I just must make something enormous. And then, of course, it ends up whittled down into another teaspoon. Nice one.

Cheers,
Leif

What like carving a canoe paddle and making a spatula?? Lol..

Tiger

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE