Sussex Bushcraft group meet for OCTOBER: 26th to the 28th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Got a good haul of shrooms to bring tomorrow if anyone fancies trying Cep, Puff ball, field blewits, saffron milk caps and chanterelles. I could get some crusty bread to go with them on my way over?

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Nice to meet you too Dave. I left not long after you. Thanks Spandit for the leather punch, I'll give it a go today. Hope you didn't all frreeze out there last night!

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
A nice cosy meet and the chute is tarring up nicely. Even gave a bit of waterproof protection from a few showers that passed through. At one stage we even smoked it out to get it tarred. My shed now smells like a bonfire but it is tucked way till next month. Nice to see a returning new face too. Gave my buck saw a good maiden outing as well. Seemed to do ok and we almost split a bit of chestnut for Neumo's paddle. In the end it made a good fire deflector for some.

Had a nice chat with a copper on the way home about my axe and knives, shared a sausage roll with him and he happilly went on his was. Just shows that not all coppers see a sharp and think you're an axe murderer. Or Sussex coppers are easily bought off.

Mr mears didn't put in an appearance though, so by default we won the bush-off.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Forgot to say thanks Jack for the trivet, thanks Hugo for the canvas via Spandit, and nice to meet Fed uo frog (sorry forgot your real name already). Hopefully I'll be there for longer at the the Nov meet.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Had a great time as always & have completely forgotten about the busy week I had before I arrived. Nice to see some of the familiar faces & to meet a couple of new ones: Phil & Dave.

I have booked up the next meet for the weekend of November 17th/18th. We have got pitch D1E, which is not D1 but is the one next door. They are shutting the water to most of the pitches we use in the summer so our choice is limited. I will most likely be down in Bath seeing family (but that could change), so I may not be able to make that one.

hi guys i will try to make , im new to the site and am obssessed with it all. so glad to find u guys cause i was running short of friends to come with me , i also do survival quest s if anyone interested...i also have camping spot where we dont have to pay , for next time ok. johnny

Steven Tagg

Jul 12, 2014
West Sussex
I can make this one :)

Not sure when I'll arrive - will try to get the Friday off work to take full advantage.

1 JackCBR Friday late afternoon till Sunday morning
2 Simon H
3 FedUpFrog
4 Neumo
5 Bill probably Friday afternoon
6 Swallow + 2 or 3 (from Saturday Morning)
7 Steven Tagg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE