Tbs boar dc4

Mar 13, 2015
Newcastle
I am just starting out and as the age old question is which knife is best which I have read a lot of reviews and views on knives. I have found a knife I like and want to know anyone's opinion whether they have used the knife and is it any good at tasks like batoning cheers jono

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
My suggestion would be if you want a knife for battoning get an axe. Otherwise I have the TBS Grizzly and a boar folder and they are both very good knive .

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Age old argument on here. Carry the tool needed for the job. Yes you can boton with a knife and I personally do but you run the risk of causing it damage. If your looking for a knife to baton and without spending an awful lot look at the MOD knife.

Mar 13, 2015
Newcastle
Thanks johnny I like the look of that I want something light I carry a load of equipment so wanted something light but looked nice and wanted to learn bushcraft while out I was looking for more people's views on the.bore knife rather than asking stupid question like what knife? this has been asked a million times lol

Tommyd345

Nomad
Feb 2, 2015
Norfolk
If your on the bushcraft store, the timber wolf is the one I went for, I made the handle. It was my first knife and still is my go to knife for everything! Batoning, down to making tea spoons :) I highly recommend it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE