Tatonka Tarp Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
2 Lurch (1C & 1P) PAID
1 Bardster (1C) PAID
2 Angus Og (1C & 1P) PAID
2 warthog1981 (2C) PAID
1 hammy (1C) PAID
1 Shankly (1P) PAID
1 Dingo (1C) PAID
2 Pauli (1C & 1P) PAID
1 Phil562 (1C) PAID
1 match (1P) PAID
2 happy camper (2C) PAID
1 g4ghb (1P) PAID
2 2blackcat (2C) PAID
1 stuart f (1P) PAID
1 Porcupine (1C) PAID
1 Scuba Pete (1P) PAID
1 wolf man (1P) PAID
3 nooky (3P) PAID
1 M@rk (1P) PAID
1 Neil1 (1P) PAID
1 jdlenton (1P) PAID
1 Jake Lymer (1P) (ignore my email :rolleyes: ) PAID
1 greyowl22 (1C) PAID
1 peds8045 (1C) PAID
1 falcon (1P) PAID
2 CraigM9 (1P & 1C) PAID
1 Wayland (1C) PAID
1 Worldexplorer (1P) PAID
1 Squidders (1C)
2 gill PAID
1 Yggdrasil (1P) PAID

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
I wasn't part of the group buy, but have bought a Tatonka Tarp 2 TC "Cotton" tarp.

I was disappointed to discover that my "cotton" tarp is 65% polyester.

Has anyone else noticed this?

MagiKelly

Spacemonkey said:
Just caught this one now.

Is the offer still on? I'm after the poly one as I was going to buy one myself anyway, but your prices are better!!

Okay as long as you are quick and since I have still to get the money from Squidders.

2 Lurch (1C & 1P) PAID
1 Bardster (1C) PAID
2 Angus Og (1C & 1P) PAID
2 warthog1981 (2C) PAID
1 hammy (1C) PAID
1 Shankly (1P) PAID
1 Dingo (1C) PAID
2 Pauli (1C & 1P) PAID
1 Phil562 (1C) PAID
1 match (1P) PAID
2 happy camper (2C) PAID
1 g4ghb (1P) PAID
2 2blackcat (2C) PAID
1 stuart f (1P) PAID
1 Porcupine (1C) PAID
1 Scuba Pete (1P) PAID
1 wolf man (1P) PAID
3 nooky (3P) PAID
1 M@rk (1P) PAID
1 Neil1 (1P) PAID
1 jdlenton (1P) PAID
1 Jake Lymer (1P) (ignore my email :rolleyes: ) PAID
1 greyowl22 (1C) PAID
1 peds8045 (1C) PAID
1 falcon (1P) PAID
2 CraigM9 (1P & 1C) PAID
1 Wayland (1C) PAID
1 Worldexplorer (1P) PAID
1 Squidders (1C)
2 gill PAID
1 Yggdrasil (1P) PAID
1 Spacemonkey (1P)

GROUP BUY NOW CLOSED

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Thanks again John,

I hope you don't mind me asking you a follow up question!

It is an intreagueing way the webbing is cut to provide the 'hanging loops', I wonder how well it will stand up to 'abuse' however hat i'd like to ask is....

You mention you use it over a ridgeline rather than hanging it - do you have any problems with rain 'dripping' down underneath the tarp? and if not how do you stop it?

regards

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
For slinging a tarp over a ridge line you can just tie some thin cord at either end so the rain soaks through it and drips before it gets under the tarp... not sure if that reads well but I hope you get what I mean.

- Joe

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Have read this before, does it really work well then? - not knocking it obviously! - often the simple things work the best!

Squidders said:
For slinging a tarp over a ridge line you can just tie some thin cord at either end so the rain soaks through it and drips before it gets under the tarp... not sure if that reads well but I hope you get what I mean.

- Joe

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
It's worked for me but if it were to rain heavily for 24 hours I too, doubt it would seriously hold up... maybe there are some other cunning tricks around... Maybe pose the question in the Bushcraft and survival skills section? :)

MagiKelly

First I thing the webbing is woven with the slit so it is still string. If a slip was cut then yes it would be a week point. Initially I had the same concerns as you but it does seem robust enough.

I put up the ridge line first without the tarp as it is a lot easier than trying to do it with a tarp attached and flapping about in the wind. The knots I use to tie the tarp to the ridge (prusic sp?) act as drop lines and have never let any water under the tarp. This set up i similar to the way a Hennessy fly is fitted and I have never heard them having any problems.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
cool - I have no doubts to the strenght of the webbing.... is tough old stuff - is just the first time i've seen it used like that!

thanks for the inf re the 'drip strips' - i'd just rather use someone elses experience rather than getting wet and learning myself! ;)

cant fault the quality at all as you say! - can't wait to get out and use it! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE