Tatonka Handle Mug

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 15, 2012
Southport
Hi everyone, I am a huge fan of the Tatonka Handle Mug as they fit snug in the Nalgene bottle, and have been using them for a while. I few months back I wanted a spare but everywhere seemed to be out of stock, but last week I found a site in Germany selling them. So I ordered a few.....ANYWAY....I have just got them, and shockingly, the mug DOESNT fit around the Nalgene bottle, its too narrow!!!

I am confused!! Does anyone know anything about this such as why? Im assuming they went out of production and now they are back, but made to a slightly different spec? My old mug nests perfectly, but its very tight in these new ones to the point where they would jam in forced in!!!

:-(

Aug 15, 2012
Southport
1174568_10151870586836340_960856201_n.jpg

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I know you may not want to.....but your nalgene bottle will safely stand being rubbed down with wet n dry paper until it becomes just loose enough to not be an issue. That's what I'd do, if I was happy with the mug.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Aug 15, 2012
Southport
I know you may not want to.....but your nalgene bottle will safely stand being rubbed down with wet n dry paper until it becomes just loose enough to not be an issue. That's what I'd do, if I was happy with the mug.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

hmmmm, an interesting solution, but I bought them as gifts for someone, the two nested together so don't want to rub them down really, plus, the SS guyots bottle cannot be rubbed down this way!

I have wrote an email to Tatonka asking what the hell is going on. Perhaps I received faulty ones? but all 3 of them to not fit? come on :( gutted!

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
hmmmm, an interesting solution, but I bought them as gifts for someone, the two nested together so don't want to rub them down really, plus, the SS guyots bottle cannot be rubbed down this way!

I have wrote an email to Tatonka asking what the hell is going on. Perhaps I received faulty ones? but all 3 of them to not fit? come on :( gutted!

slightly confused, I thought they were to fit a nalgene, where does the guyots come into it? :confused:

Aug 15, 2012
Southport
well they do fit the Nalgene, or at least they used to!!!!, but the 3 I just bought now don't. and the guyot designs bottle is a stainless steel version of the Nalgene bottle....it doesn't fit either

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE