Tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
A DD 3x3m is an excellent all rounder that won't break the bank. On my phone so can't link it to you but Google it :)

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
As to reply no hammock.
if i knew the rest i wouldnt be asking!
Carry in rucksack. General use.

eh, so the only thing you know is that it will be carried in a rucksack ! you really don't know where/when you want to use it and don't know your budget?, if you want it for general use get a general tarp:rofl:

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
As to reply no hammock.
if i knew the rest i wouldnt be asking!
Carry in rucksack. General use.

Then the best thing to do is not create a topic but to check the ones that already exist as they have plenty of info on different tarps so you're more likely to find something that suits you/your budget best. Without specific info nobody can give you specific answers and you're just going to get general subjective recommendations to what suits them.

However as Kit mentioned the DD 3x3 is a great all rounder and can be used for many setups/conditions. It's the one I would also recommend then as time goes on you will be able to know what you need/suits you best and have specifics in mind.

Apr 12, 2014
March
Ok
But is the idea to put a question out there to find out more. PEOPLE can say what suits them best, and i can make a informal decision.
THANKS will look at DD.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Ok
But is the idea to put a question out there to find out more. PEOPLE can say what suits them best, and i can make a informal decision.
THANKS will look at DD.

But that's what I was trying to say, People already have said what suits them best, There are plenty of topics on tarps to have a good look at :)

You didnt really ask/say anything specific so you're not really going to find anything more in this thread then what there is in the others. You basically just said "I need a tarp, what shall I get?"

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I use two different sized Tatonka tarps and an issue basha all for different setups.
What style of pitching are you wanting to use.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
A 3x3 dd tarp or an issues bivi sheet would be a 'starter' tarp buddy . If you get into it more then either of these will still be use in the future

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
I keep a 2ft x 2ft thin tarp at the top of my pack. Its the first thing out so I have something to kneel on/unpack onto so I don't lose gear. (It also makes it easy to grab it all together and run for the stile when you realise that Rosie the Cow is, in fact, Ferdinand the Bull or if you're surprised by enemy forces). Its also good for keeping your bum dry when you sit on it.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I keep a 2ft x 2ft thin tarp at the top of my pack. Its the first thing out so I have something to kneel on/unpack onto so I don't lose gear. (It also makes it easy to grab it all together and run for the stile when you realise that Rosie the Cow is, in fact, Ferdinand the Bull or if you're surprised by enemy forces). Its also good for keeping your bum dry when you sit on it.

I like that idea, cheers.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom

I do similar but everything goes in my pack cover which then becomes my gear organiser once im pitched up

Apr 12, 2014
March
HI as new to this not really sure,till i get one and get out threr and use it. if its to big problem putting it then might not use it.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
HI as new to this not really sure,till i get one and get out there and use it. if its to big problem putting it then might not use it.

Nah, dont worry about it bud, They're really easy to put up in various ways, either suspended over a ridgeline or as a tarp tent setup. You should get yourself to a meet up, we're more then happy to help out.

Keep an eye on the meet threads, There is various meets going on and there will be some summer dates going up for Stead Hall Wood in the north soon. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE