Tarp setup for this weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
ok, so going to the woods for a couple of night this weekend, got my new dd large/group shelter tarp to use. was kindof hoping i could find a way of enclosing the ends a bit to help with the 58mph winds that are predicted lol. anyone know where i can find a video or guide on how to do it?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
An easy way to get some extra protection is to peg out from the inner tie outs rather than the corner ones, I've got a pic somewhere in the depths on Photobucket, I'll see if I can dig it out again

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Next page lol

That pic is a bit misleading but you get the idea, you won't get total closure but it's a lot better than without.

Just realised you mention group tarp, so forget all that :) It's more for hammocking than group shelter

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
Next page lol

That pic is a bit misleading but you get the idea, you won't get total closure but it's a lot better than without.

Just realised you mention group tarp, so forget all that :) It's more for hammocking than group shelter

i did this, it worked well, although i only carab'd the loops together and it left about a 2 inch gap. next time ill work out how to close it off completely.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
If you're thinking of something like that on a regular basis, setting small eyelets along one or two (opposite) sides of the tarp would enable you to lace it up as & when reqd. I did this mod to my TN Big Tarp and it works very well when set up as a tarp-tipi.

Reactions: LarryBass

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE