tarp guy lines

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grilled bear

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Feel a bit silly asking this as pitched plenty tents in my time although not for a few years and am ex fisherman so liked to think I could suss most rope related stuff out but I can't for the life of me suss these out. It's a DD 3x3 tarp with sliders on the guy lines, so how do I use these to tension the lines? Also does anyone simply peg the loops on the tarp when rigging simple A frame?

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
If I've understood you right then I would suggest tying small Prussic loops to the outer tarp loops along centre. That's how I get the tarp ridge to stay tight on my DD.
As for pegging out you'll find it easier and more adaptable if you tie a length of cord to the tarps corner loops and then peg these out. Hope I've helped.

Sent from my phone.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Does this help?

guy1.jpg

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
My advice would be to throw away the cord and tensioners that come with the DD and start again.

I remove all my lines every time I pack up, so my set up is as follows:
  • Mini carabiner to clip to the tarp tape.
  • Small loop of elastic shock cord attached to the carabiner. (Think self tensioning and allows a bit of "give" in the wind)
  • 3m of 2mm accessory cord, tied to the loop of shock cord.
  • A taut line hitch (to replace the tensioners).
There are many good tutorials on how to tie the taut line hitch on YouTube.

HH,

Simon

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
With the slider bars, they can look like they're not threaded right if the 'tail' of the cord is pulled through, closing the loop.

I can't remember the name of the blocks I use on mine. I can do Prussia but these make life easy. Cam locks? I'm going to go search!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE