tarp/basha material

mikeybear

Forager
Feb 15, 2010
UK
I understood what you meant , and had a look around the site, But the fluorescent pink amused me, don't worry I just have a wierd sense of humour.

Thanks

MB

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi

What material did you use ?

Had to laugh, one of the earlier links to material started with fluorescent pink that would make an inconspicuous tarp :lmao:

Thanks

MB

Hi MB,
This is some info on the material that i made my tarp from but the source is a secret.

2.3 ounce, DuPont 6,6 nylon base fibers
» Silicone elastomer coating on both sides of the fabric
» Biocide treated, to help fight the growth of mold and mildew
» Anti-fade (Fadex) treated, to combat the bleaching effect of the sun’s ultraviolet rays, keeping it brighter and stronger for longer
» Available in all of our 16 standard colors, and color-matched to Caliber.
» 800% stronger than conventional rip-stop nylon
» Zero porosity over its warranted lifetime — or longer
» six year warranty.

Cheers Topknot

mikeybear

Forager
Feb 15, 2010
UK
Hi MB,
This is some info on the material that i made my tarp from but the source is a secret.

Cheers Topknot

Hi Topknot

I'll not pursue the source then ... :(

I thought thought it looked quite substantial

Having seen the recent threads on tarps ripping it the wind, I'm interested in something a little more substantial.

Cheers

MikeyBear

Hi MB,

2.3 ounce, DuPont 6,6 nylon base fibers
» Silicone elastomer coating on both sides of the fabric
» Biocide treated, to help fight the growth of mold and mildew
» Anti-fade (Fadex) treated, to combat the bleaching effect of the sun’s ultraviolet rays, keeping it brighter and stronger for longer
» Available in all of our 16 standard colors, and color-matched to Caliber.
» Zero porosity over its warranted lifetime — or longer
» six year warranty.

Cheers Topknot
wow yours looks amazing topknot, seeing how well yours went i think ill definitely give it a try

just found a website about the material you used, very good choice! i can see why you used it!

mikeybear

Forager
Feb 15, 2010
UK
Ah ! now I understand , but where do you buy it from ?

Is the secret source something to do with a baloon that will no longer fly ?????:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Cheers

MikeyBear

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
It was from here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200609159448 and it looks like he's put another up. Bought yesterday morning and arrived today. To be fair though it cost me £30 in total which is just as much as a DD tarp, but it's in a camo pattern I like. My intention is to get it sewn together tomorrow night for use Friday night althogh I won't have time for the fixings. i'll get round that by using clingons though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE