Tarp and Bivy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sodajoe

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 17, 2005
Co Armagh
I have always camped under canvas such as a tent or a hammock but have decided to go for the bivy approach. I have been geared up to do this but my wife has put a nagging doubt in my head about creepy crawlies climbing into my ear hole.
Is this a rational fear or am I worried about nothing? I really don't want to coat myself in insect replellant or wear a mozzie net as I think this defeats the purpose of getting closer to nature.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Whilst this is a possibilty, I have been bivvying since I was about 12yrs old (I'm now 34yrs) I have never had this happen to me, just get out there and enjoy it.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Do not worry about little spiders and the like, we supposedly all eat a few bugs every year without even knowing it! It isn't gonna harm you, whatever it is, unless you happen to live in Australia, in which case everything is poisonous so watch out!:eek:

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
Dont need to worry mate, im always sleeping under the stars, only thing is tryin to get to sleep in a sleepin bag and a midgie lands on your face :(

mazeman

Forager
Jun 7, 2007
Porthmadog, Gwynedd
Was sleeping in a tent once and had a beetle crawl in my ear (there the road to madness lies) but never had such a thing happen in all my bivvy, tarp and rollmat nights.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE