taping seams?Wanted tape

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I'm making up a custom bivi and was wondering if anyone had (willing to sell) or knew where I could get seam seal tape for use on MVP fabric. I can buy it in white or blue but I need it in olive or black or brown.

And does anyone know if Tear-aid can work as a seam sealer?

WS

Don't know about the seam seal but if you've no joy use the garish colours and i'll give you some sniper tape (og) to cover if you like.

Tom.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Thanks for the offer Barnowl, but I'll try n source the tape I need as any taping will be permanent.

Good on you though bud, making our world a better place!

Keep mind I mean the sniper tape to cover the permanent seal.

I see that google and ebay aren't much help:rolleyes:

The tape will cover seams on the inside, look at any waterproof to c what I'm gonna do.

Pennine outdoor have blue/white

Point north do have it in green I've discovered John, thanks for that I wasn't aware of them.
I was going to try tear aid aswell on one seam as a very quick/strong sealing tape without the need for an iron but was not sure how durable it would be.

Taped seams are usually applied with a special machine like a small iron with a very high temp, the home iron tapes I've tried in the past tend to peel off after a season or 2.

Cheers

WS

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
For heat rolling seams I used a conventional iron but while the seam tape is still hot rolled it HATD with a decorators wallpaper seam roller. some of the tape outlasted the garments!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE