Tang of Hultafors HVK knife

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Hi, does anyone know what is the tang of the Hultafors HVK knife (orange handle one) thanks.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Thanks shaggystu, i have just ordered one anyway as they sound okay and cheap too.

they're superb knives mate, for me personally they're a little bit better than the basic moras and a couple of quid cheaper too. i don't think you'll be disappointed at all :)

cheers

stuart

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
cheers shaggystu, on photos they look marginally shorter than the clipper (which suits me fine), only paid £5.04 which includes postage so looking forward to receiving it, thanks.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
cheers shaggystu, on photos they look marginally shorter than the clipper (which suits me fine), only paid £5.04 which includes postage so looking forward to receiving it, thanks.

the blade's about 7mm shorter (than the mora), about 3mm shallower (spine to edge), and approximately 0.5mm thicker. the handle is pretty much the same size. the price is stunning :)

cheers

stuart

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
You're not wrong, my local hardware store is doing the orange handled one for £4.46! Outstanding value. I'm using it in preference to my moras at the moment. I've got the Green handled one too and it's a great beater of a knife, very robust.

Dave

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
sounds perfect for me, won't arrive till after the weekend though, have a great weekend yourself. :)

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Hi, thanks rg598 that's great, why i was asking is that i was thinking of modifying the handle if tang position allows me to do so, i will reduce the finger guard and re-shape/shave a little off the end of the handle, thankyou for link.

rg598

Native
No problem Joonsy. You should be able to modify it. Keep in mind that the plastic is very hard. I cut off the guard on one of mine, but it took some work. I used a small saw to remove the bulk of the guard, and then a very sharp knife to slowly shape it the way I wanted. Let us know how it turns out.

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK

Where did you get it from?

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
They've got the heavy duty or stainless ones in stock. If the handle is being removed then I expect the design on the GK isn't so important

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE