Take a View - Landscape Photographer of the Year 2009

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
As some of you may know, I did quite well in this competition last year so naturally I entered it again this year.

I had four entries shortlisted out of the 15 I entered and on Friday I was told that this shot has been Highly Commended.

Tent.jpg

And this one was Commended as well.

The_Sunset_Way_by_Waylandscape.jpg

That means the both go Into the book and the Exhibition at the National Theatre 5th December to 24th January... I'm dead chuffed again. :D

All the shortlisted pictures were taken on the same trip earlier this year.

jack by the hedge

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2009
Leeds, W.yorks
They are very nice indeed. I like to take a picture myself but am still on film as I'm unable to move into digital at the moment. Cost! Meh!

So are they straight up or did you preform a certain amount of post production on them?

Just shown everyone in the office as well and we now all agree.

excellent!

jbth

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Well done again Gary, thoroughly deserved.

Any chance we can see the other shots that didn't make it through ?

Wayland

Hárbarðr
They are very nice indeed. I like to take a picture myself but am still on film as I'm unable to move into digital at the moment. Cost! Meh!

So are they straight up or did you preform a certain amount of post production on them?

Just shown everyone in the office as well and we now all agree.

excellent!

jbth

Every digital photo requires a certain amount of post production just to turn raw binary image data into a viewable picture.

In many consumer cameras that is handled by software in camera programmed by a technician who makes a guess at what you are most likely to be pointing a camera at.

I prefer to optimise the image data myself based upon what I am actually shooting.

It's just the same as choosing a film / developer combination, using filters and printing the final image.

The competition imposes strict limitations on the type of post production work allowed so you can be assured that what you see is much the same as what I saw when I took the pictures.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Lovely work.
I prefer the second to be honest, but that's not knocking either ;) :)

The second shot was entered in a class that attracts a much larger number of entries so in some ways although it is "rated" lower it achieved more if that makes sense.

Well done again Gary, thoroughly deserved.

Any chance we can see the other shots that didn't make it through ?

I'll see what I can do, they are all on my website somewhere so I'll have to sort out the hot links.

Better if I do it sober though. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE