swiss meta 50

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Nice one, i'll bring my SAT along and show you the mod NLW did me to allow the use of frying pans on it.
Lee's sorting the fire this time round so bring a bit of wood mate. I'll throw in a few logs of my own

Nice one,

I have my eggs over easy on buttered toast and black coffee at 0830 prompt...

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
no mate i dont surprisingly enough......:eek: one other thing ive thought about is if i buy a non stick frying pan it wouldnt have the brackets on to put the strap through so ill carry on experimenting for a while

You can easily cut/punch slits for the strap without it affecting the pans usability as a frying pan (I'm talking about the £2 non stick flan pan now).

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
You mean you don't automatically take a tape measure to the supermarket? (for measuring up tins etc for the latest project)
emoticon-00105-wink.gif

Ian, take your measurements for stove into Wilko's, they have loads of plastic tubs reduced in price, I picked up a nice one with the click tabs that fit a 121 or 210 perfect, down to £1.15 :)

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Andy T said:
one other thing ive thought about is if i buy a non stick frying pan it wouldnt have the brackets on to put the strap through so ill carry on experimenting for a while
and
rik_uk3 said:
You can easily cut/punch slits for the strap without it affecting the pans usability as a frying pan

or you can pack the whole affair into a mesh drawstring bag, which is a whole lot easier than farting about with a strap.

TranMeshBag.jpg

Thanks for the head-up on the tubs, Richard.
emoticon-00100-smile.gif

Toast is easy!

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
You coming next weekend? Give us a shout, really simple idea with a thin sheet of ali
So far so good re the weekend. Looking forward to new ideas. I've tried Andy T's suggestion which works quite well, and Rik's idea re Wilkinson non-stick baking tin looks excellent as well. A good thread this!

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
well ive seasoned the frying pan really well and it does seem to be ok, the bacon and eggs i cooked in it didnt stick so it looks like its going to be ok. lets just hope it works at rough close.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE