Swimming pool cover

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 9, 2009
Perth
Just got myself some swimming pool cover material as they were chucking it out at work. Has anyone used it before to make anything? was thinking maybe a good shelter material, should be waterproof and maybe insulating too as it helped keep the pool warm. Got a good few rolls of it if anyone nearby wants some, bit of a bind to post I reckon, that's it its any use atall and not another thing to clog my garage up with.
ubazujuq.jpg
ty9epyne.jpg

Jan 9, 2009
Perth
Haha Rambo style indeed. Nice I never thought of roll mats, good thinking! Maybe make a few for friends up this ways indeed, not sure how cushiony they would be, ill go out tomorrow and look at them properly methinks.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I am collecting old foam kip mats at the minute with the aim of making an archery target that lasts. Cut into strips then mounted in a frame end on.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
What do you mean by tent footprint, pitch the tent on top of the stuff to avoid munching the grass?

a piece the shape/size of the base of the tent, under the tent floor. If youre in once place for a while, it protects the floor (especially if its lighter weight material) and its insulating. Of course its extra weight unless youre car camping.

Jan 9, 2009
Perth
a piece the shape/size of the base of the tent, under the tent floor. If youre in once place for a while, it protects the floor (especially if its lighter weight material) and its insulating. Of course its extra weight unless youre car camping.

Ah good stuff, going to a festival soon so might try that out

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Glue some foam to it - super roll mat?

Or if you have mega amounts as you seem to - permanent tipi?

Andy

Jan 9, 2009
Perth
Yeah was thinking a shelter but I don't really have anywhere to build it, haha doubt the local ranger would be too impressed if a bright blue mansion appeared in his woods

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE