Swedish Olive Framed 50 Litre Rucksack - Canvas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Doesn't the lk50 have side pockets

Nope, no pockets ~ it's the LK70 which has pockets. The LK50 looks the same as a standard 35, just slightly bigger. LK70 is, I believe, the same size main compartment as the 50 but with additional side and front pockets, snow locks on everything, a somewhat more useful lid and a much needed belt :D .

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
Nope, no pockets ~ it's the LK70 which has pockets. The LK50 looks the same as a standard 35, just slightly bigger. LK70 is, I believe, the same size main compartment as the 50 but with additional side and front pockets, snow locks on everything, a somewhat more useful lid and a much needed belt :D .

I have the LK70 and this description seems to tally. I haven't measured it but I have suspected that the main compartment is around 50l and not 70 as some reviews believe. What expands it to 70l is the large snow lock/deck and the lid which can wrap over an extended load. I was planning to do a YouTube mini-review of this pack at the weekend and point this fact out, but I will see how I do for time.

I couldn't find any pics of the LK50 so I wasn't sure about the pockets, but looking at the frame the one on eBay certainly looks like a member of the LK line.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I couldn't find any pics of the LK50 so I wasn't sure about the pockets

My LK50 ...

... it's a slightly more modern version than the one Twodogs has linked to (same size and pattern, just not proper old school canvas). You can differentiate between the LK35 and 50 by looking inside the lid ~ the 50 were made by and stamped, Haglofs. The 35 weren't :D . I have a proper canvas LK70 too but, as yet, no pics :( .

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Yeah, not sure about doing my Youtube vid now having seen that. I would be a bit embarrassed about showing the state of mine...let's just say it's in 'well issued' condition:). Mind you it is the older leather strapped version. Bit jealous though.

My 70 is canvas and leather ~ a bit battered, far from beaten ;) . It has a few repairs and lots of aesthetic wear and character ~ I like my 50 but I prefer my 70 :D .

I really should remember to take some pics of it :cool: .

Do the vid ;)

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Twodogs it is a lk35 im sure.
I bought one from the seller last week. Hes a good guy to deal with.
Mine was also listed as 50l but its def smaller than that. If compared with my la sting its def alot smaller.

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Twodogs it is a lk35 im sure.
I bought one from the seller last week. Hes a good guy to deal with.
Mine was also listed as 50l but its def smaller than that. If compared with my la sting its def alot smaller.

Any chance of some dimensions of the one you have? It'd be interesting* to compare the dimensions of the main compartment of the LK35, 50 and 70 :D .

* Well, interesting in a kit nerd way ;) :eek: .

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I will measure it for you tonight when I get home from work. I'll post some pics too of the bag and the stamp on the inside of the lid too.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... Think its dated early 80's

My old school canvas and leather 70 is dated 1981 and the 'newer' synthetic canvas 50 is 1982.

Although I've always understood that the LK50, LK70 and later LK35 the same rectangular frame, it's just become very apparent that there are some differences ~ because, having done a back to back check for the first time, the frame on my 70 is appreciably longer and wider than the one on my 50 :eek: ... so always best to check, not just take what you read as read or accurate :deal: :aargh4:

Maybe they changed the frame dimensions when they moved to the more waterproof 'synthetic' canvas??? :dunno:

Probably best to start a new thread ... Sorry Cliff :puppy_dog :sad6:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE