Swedish folding mug

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
before i spend out on one, has anyone one, and are they any good?

I thought it would be nice for work, I carry my kit in my multipocket vest, and a enamel mug is rather bulky

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yes, I've got a couple. They're okay, but the little stub handle is a bit bendy. Warm and comfortable to *cup* in the hands and they don't burn your lips :) Kids love them too. Handy in a pocket or a small pack.
They're cheaper if you buy in multiples of 5 (I think irc), might be worth while seeing if other foks you meet up with are interested too. Not worth the difference if you've to add p&p to lots of indiviual ones though.

cheers,
Toddy

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
i have 2 one is over 10 years old and still going strong!
every time i've unfolded mine i worry about them splitting but they keep on going!
i agree with the above comments, but i'll add this.
they are good for "small drinks"!, i would say 2 cups = 1 mug's worth.
nice little adition to kit good for kids too!

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
I was given a very similar one by a Dutch Army colleague - they were recruitment gizzits. Frankly, I'm not that impressed. You can't heat the cup and it doesn't hold much fluid.

Personally, I see it as a 'single use' device - I want at least a couple of functions from a cup. I would prefer to carry a bigger metal cup you could cook with (Crusader-stylee).

Having said that, they are small and convenient and I might pack one in a vehicle kit - cook on metal, decant to plastic cup, maybe? Good for picnics!

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
They're great to have in your pocket when you want to scoop a refreshing mouthful out of a mountain stream. They cost very little and, despite not holding a 'mugful' or being able to be heated in the fire, represent very good value for a light and totally functional little piece of kit.

Swede

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2006
Sweden Roslagen
Mikey P said:
I was given a very similar one by a Dutch Army colleague - they were recruitment gizzits. Frankly, I'm not that impressed. You can't heat the cup and it doesn't hold much fluid.

Personally, I see it as a 'single use' device - I want at least a couple of functions from a cup. I would prefer to carry a bigger metal cup you could cook with (Crusader-stylee).

Having said that, they are small and convenient and I might pack one in a vehicle kit - cook on metal, decant to plastic cup, maybe? Good for picnics!

I don´t know your nationality but if you are british your occations "to have a brew" has an equal in Sweden. When you take a break in a drill exercise you can steal/borrow/what-ever some coffe from a fellow soldier :p . If I want I have equipment to boil water and the cup is handy in a few split seconds ;) . It would be interesting to know where you you live and where you dispose all your cups once used so I could collect them and sell them as surplus..... :lmao: /Swede

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE